• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Arch Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
Sounds like it may be Texas where he lands

The rich get richer

It's likely down to Texas, Georgia, and Alabama in that order. Bama may be a distant third at this point.

There's some new spin on the Arch Manning sweepstakes almost every day. I've been following it for several months.

Last edited:
If he goes to Texas, who transfers in a year or two, Manning or Ewers? Will he get the same Million dollar NIL package?

If he goes to Texas, who transfers in a year or two, Manning or Ewers? Will he get the same Million dollar NIL package?

He may only have to sit a year in Austin, as Ewers would technically qualify for the NFL draft following the 2023 season.

Obviously, a lot needs to happen to even get to that point.

It's likely down to Texas, Georgia, and Alabama in that order. Bama may be a distant third at this point.

There's some new spin on the Arch Manning sweepstakes almost every day. I've been following it for several months.
So, Manning is going to sit on the bench for a year at Texas? Ewers will still be there next year. At any of those 3 schools, he’s likely to sit for at least one year, maybe longer if he should choose the Tide. I don’t see that working out to well with any of those 3 schools, especially if he wants to play immediately.

Wouldn’t Ewers have to sit out a year if he transfers again? I thought you could only transfer once, penalty free?

So, Manning is going to sit on the bench for a year at Texas? Ewers will still be there next year. At any of those 3 schools, he’s likely to sit for at least one year, maybe longer if he should choose the Tide. I don’t see that working out to well with any of those 3 schools, especially if he wants to play immediately.

Bryce Young will be eligible for the draft after this season. So it's likely Manning would be in the mix to be their starter right away, as a true freshman.

At Texas, Ewers is a year younger than Young (younger than Young lol) -- so he'd still be there if/when Manning arrived.

But -- the latest word (rumor, whatever) is that Manning is intrigued by the possibility of going to a school with enough talent in place to earn the legend title by winning a national title with a team that hasn't won one in a while. Thus the supposed lean with Texas over Alabama and Georgia. He has to know the QB situation at each school -- so apparently he's "okay" with sitting a year (heck, he'll be a millionaire while riding the bench). :)

Those are the only the three schools being mentioned at this point. Previously, Clemson and, I think, Ole Miss were in the discussion -- but I think those have been nixed.

Last edited:
Bryce Young will be eligible for the draft after this season. So it's likely Manning would be in the mix to be their starter right away, as a true freshman.

At Texas, Ewers is a year younger than Young (younger than Young lol) -- so he'd still be there if/when Manning arrived.

But -- the latest word (rumor, whatever) is that Manning is intrigued by the possibility of going to a school with enough talent in place to earn the legend title by winning a national title with a team that hasn't won one in a while. Thus the supposed lean with Texas over Alabama and Georgia. He has to know the QB situation at each school -- so apparently he's "okay" with sitting a year (heck, he'll be a millionaire while riding the bench). :)

Those are the only the three schools being mentioned at this point. Previously, Clemson and, I think, Ole Miss were in the discussion -- but I think those have been nixed.
It isn’t exactly chopped liver behind Young at Alabama. Milroe and Simpson (5* I believe) are waiting in the wings. Texas probably is his best bet in that regard.

You’re right about the NIL though, he won’t be hurting for cash sitting on the bench.

Wouldn’t Ewers have to sit out a year if he transfers again? I thought you could only transfer once, penalty free?
I believe that is correct. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next year or two if Manning goes to Austin.

Ewers has already made more money than some NFL Hall of Fame Qb's made in their career back in the day and he hasn't even thrown one pass in college. :) That's progress I guess.

Last edited:

Doesn't Arch realize his dad played for Ole Miss? Where's the conflict? I've been told a dad's alma mater trumps their sons recruitment 25 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back