• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Arch Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Arch realize his dad played for Ole Miss? Where's the conflict? I've been told a dad's alma mater trumps their sons recruitment 25 years later.

Home run, chippah! I heard Ochaun Mathis was a lock to Texas, tss tss.

I heard Mathis was set to go to Texas. They promised him a Cadillac. But then on his visit, the guy who made the promise showed up with a kia. Sad deal.

That is a sad thing. But it's not the whole story. One of the people involved has a history of stalking and using people's personal info to harm them, so the whole deal went bad. It's really unfortunate because the guy offering the Cadillac was on the up and up. You just can't trust people these days. I guess it's a case of parapoyer.

That is a sad thing. But it's not the whole story. One of the people involved has a history of stalking and using people's personal info to harm them, so the whole deal went bad. It's really unfortunate because the guy offering the Cadillac was on the up and up. You just can't trust people these days. I guess it's a case of parapoyer.
Interesting. The Cadillac guy went to all that trouble to make a big promise, and then went through with a way cheaper and lamer car to try and save face. That's not really up and up, which I suppose is why a player like Mathis can't trust folks like that, be it a booster or some other sad sack jabroni.

Oh well, good thing Texas has dummies like that making promises! Their loss is Nebraska's gain!

GBR!!!

I'm not buying the Arch hype yet. Just because Archie, Payton and Eli were good QBs doesn't mean Arch will be a great football player. Gotta see him suit up and play against heavy P5 competition.

Sometimes it works out (Ken Griffey Sr. & Jr.) but more often you get guys like Kade Warner who are decent players but not elite superstars like their fathers.

It's FAR from a sure thing.

I'm not buying the Arch hype yet. Just because Archie, Payton and Eli were good QBs doesn't mean Arch will be a great football player. Gotta see him suit up and play against heavy P5 competition.

Sometimes it works out (Ken Griffey Sr. & Jr.) but more often you get guys like Kade Warner who are decent players but not elite superstars like their fathers.

He's a 5-star recruit not because of family ties. And you gotta think when there's already been three successful Mannings, there may just be something in the blood. You'd be looking at a father, son, brother, and now possibly grandfather, grandson, and nephew. That's nuts. ;)

He has now totaled more than 6,000 passing yards and 81 passing touchdowns against 18 interceptions in three high school seasons (30 games). Arch has also rushed for more than 700 yards and 20 more scores. That’s 101 total touchdowns through three seasons.

I’ll take my chances with a Manning as my QB any day.

He's a 5-star recruit not because of family ties. And you gotta think when there's already been three successful Mannings, there may just be something in the blood. You'd be looking at a father, son, brother, and now possibly grandfather, grandson, and nephew. That's nuts. ;)

I’ll take my chances with a Manning as my QB any day.

I'm not saying don't recruit him.

But some teams are acting like he's already their starter.

Everybody's got to earn it on the field.

Yup. To my knowledge this kid hasn't played a single down of college ball. Maybe not him in particular, but it seems that if some of these highly touted high school players don't end up starting on day one, they end up in the transfer portal.

I agree with what you are saying but don't think this wouldn't happen at every team including Nebraska. Fans and boosters may be acting like he is already the starter but you would have to earn it wherever you go. If you can't play at this level you are not going to see the field. The name and star ranking will get you in the door and possibly all things pretty equal get you a leg up but you still have to earn it.

I agree with what you are saying but don't think this wouldn't happen at every team including Nebraska. Fans and boosters may be acting like he is already the starter but you would have to earn it wherever you go. If you can't play at this level you are not going to see the field. The name and star ranking will get you in the door and possibly all things pretty equal get you a leg up but you still have to earn it.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying.

I just find it a little odd (borderline creepy?) when a bunch of grown adults are obsessing over where some 16 year old kid wants to attend college. I'm all for recruiting talent, but it becomes a bit much at times.

Ron Brown always talked about how Kordell Stewart chose Colorado and Brook Berringer chose Nebraska. Those under-recruited players have always held a special place in Nebraska history.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying.

I just find it a little odd (borderline creepy?) when a bunch of grown adults are obsessing over where some 16 year old kid wants to attend college. I'm all for recruiting talent, but it becomes a bit much at times.

Ron Brown always talked about how Kordell Stewart chose Colorado and Brook Berringer chose Nebraska. Those under-recruited players have always held a special place in Nebraska history.

Well, fans and boosters have been creepy over recruits for as long as there's been a recruiting process. We may notice it more in recent years as social media gives everyone a voice, as well as a platform for recruits -- but it's always been there.

Nebraska fans are some of the creepiest I've seen. I used to (15+ years ago) actively participate on our recruiting forum. Now, it mostly disturbs me. I also cringe when I click on a link that takes you to a recruit's Twitter -- and you see all of the Nebraska fans (and other schools as well) begging and praising recruits -- and sometimes voicing displeasure. I'd be "more okay" with it, if these were young people chiming in -- but it's oftentimes middle-aged idiots.

I don't think all you've said really applies only to Arch Manning.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back