• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Aranda driven by culture

One negative side effect to SF not panning out is there will be a perceived risk with any coach we bring in since SF was supposed to be a sure thing. I'm confident there will be a thorough vetting process to ensure whoever is hired doesn't have any off the field distractions.

That said, I'm high on Aranda, Fickell, and Leonard. But if we hire Campbell, Leipold, Klieman, or whoever else, I will be confident that they will bring with them a culture of accountability and hard work since that is what TA is looking for.
Not sure a successful coach looks at it that way. Every successful coach did it the way, his way.
Unless we want mediocrity where a coach compares himself to many others, after all, thats why there's a list, there are many successful coaches out there, but the list is only so big.
So TA has his work cut out for him,my guess is, Arandas name is on the list.

It seems very unlikely Urban Meyer will be our next coach. No idea who would be the best choice. Fun to talk about but I couldn’t say who is willing and who could turn this overloaded ship around.

@cthusker You bring up valid points in all your posts and I appreciate them. I feel the same can be said for all the coaches most feel are at the top of the wish list. There is always some risk and argument to be made showing they may not succeed at NU.

I think the best chance to retain Busch and Mickey is with Aranda since they coached at LSU for three years during the championship run.

Not sure if you read the article but what I think stands out is his talk about culture and how that is what drives him. Also he has degrees that parallel that of TO. Just something about him that feels he is cut from the same cloth as TO.

Another must watch, only 10 minutes.

C

@cthusker You bring up valid points in all your posts and I appreciate them. I feel the same can be said for all the coaches most feel are at the top of the wish list. There is always some risk and argument to be made showing they may not succeed at NU.

I think the best chance to retain Busch and Mickey is with Aranda since they coached at LSU for three years during the championship run.

Not sure if you read the article but what I think stands out is his talk about culture and how that is what drives him. Also he has degrees that parallel that of TO. Just something about him that feels he is cut from the same cloth as TO.

C

Most of our great players are the same today as they were in the locker room.
At that level, you can weigh what potential your team can handle certain players with baggage and how much baggage.
The team helps carry that baggage for certain players allowing those certain players to be the artists they are.
Great clip

Last edited:

C

Yes, I don't think you throw Saban money at a guy who had one good season as a head coach. You pay them enough to make it worth their while. You put in plenty of incentives that maybe get them up toward Saban money if they are Saban successful, and you have a very real detailed conversation of what the compensation road map is going to look like over time. You open the pocket book to allow that coach to bring in the assistants that are going to be successful.
I saw Trev waiting tables at the Prospector and working the cash register at Sittler’s to help get Saban money.

Aranda may have more question marks than Urban but also comes with WAY less baggage.

I separate them like this: I want Dave Aranda as the next head coach at Nebraska. I wouldn't be upset if they hire Urban Meyer.
Works for me

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back