• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Applauding The other team after the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkman1

Husker Immortal Love Tool
15 Year Member
Since my season tickets are in the South West corner of the Stadium I am part of Husker Fans who always applaud the other team when they come off the field after the game! Sometime I wonder if they think we are just rubbing it in more esp after we just kicked their butts!

Well Sat was awesome, most of the players just glance up at us before they walk out of the stadium but Sat one of the S Miss player actually stopped and applauded back to us! Made me proud to be a part of this awesome tradition!

Thought you all would like to know this!:wave:

Glad you posted Skunk. I saw that too and thought it was pretty cool and seemed very genuine on the USM kids part. I'm right there with you passing the tradition on to my kids. We always stand and applaud the visitors. I always like to chat with them as well but, not many to be found this week.

When I see the visiting fans after the game, I always wish them good luck the rest of the season, a safe trip back home, and thank them for coming to the game.

Good Story. We show that we appreciate the game and all the players. Never hurts to be polite

I sit in the north endzone and its something I always watch while I'm waiting to get out of the stadium.

Thanks for keeping the tradition up.

Thanks for the report. One of my favorite traditions.

Two years ago, when CU came for their last Thanksgiving week game I was sitting in the CU section by that gate. I had a WY friend along and told him to watch for this. It never happened because the video people chose right then to put a HUGE presentation on leaving the Big 12 on the screen and everyone got distracted.

Thanks for the report. One of my favorite traditions.

Two years ago, when CU came for their last Thanksgiving week game I was sitting in the CU section by that gate. I had a WY friend along and told him to watch for this. It never happened because the video people chose right then to put a HUGE presentation on leaving the Big 12 on the screen and everyone got distracted.

Ah yes- slap some crap up on the big screens and we all lose ourselves, quiet down, and stare like a bunch of sheep as if we might get to view the second coming. God forbid should we involve ourselves in what is actually going on in the physical world around us rather than immersing ourselves in some digital "information" ! Perhaps they'll play some new and exciting Pepsi challenge brain teaser !

What a Great Tradition; especially gratifying when it is recognized by the opposing team, Win or Lose.

(Don't think I'd waste much time applauding classless Texas Tech tho. I'll never forget being in the stadium when a couple of TT players purposefully went over to mid-field to Stomp on our :N: after they had won. :mad:)

What a Great Tradition; especially gratifying when it is recognized by the opposing team, Win or Lose.

(Don't think I'd waste much time applauding classless Texas Tech tho. I'll never forget being in the stadium when a couple of TT players purposefully went over to mid-field to Stomp on our :N: after they had won. :mad:)
I don't understand the Leach love. His teams were always thuggish. And he thought the applause was insincere.
Still would have applauded; maybe it would be a valuable life lesson for some of them.

When I see the visiting fans after the game, I always wish them good luck the rest of the season, a safe trip back home, and thank them for coming to the game.

images.jpg I know there have been some heated conversations on here about having this placed on the stadium (arrogant on our part), but I like to think it is meant for ANY fan that comes through the gate....I mean if you are willing to travel here to watch your team play, you must be a great fan! JMHO...
:huskerflag:

Love to hear that SMU players appreciated the applause!

We really need an equivalent of the FB "like" button. I would have hit it twice for Skunks post. I think that is awesome to see players respond in that manner. I have personally witnessed players leaving the field after they won and gesturing in a less than sportsmanlike manner. Kudos to the Golden Eagles!

Almost every opposing coach, when asked their impressions about the teams experience in Lincoln, mentions the applause when the team leaves.

Good for you for being one of the fans they talk about Skunk!

We really need an equivalent of the FB "like" button. I would have hit it twice for Skunks post. I think that is awesome to see players respond in that manner. I have personally witnessed players leaving the field after they won and gesturing in a less than sportsmanlike manner. Kudos to the Golden Eagles!

yeah, my Smith and Wesson site has one and it is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back