• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone thinking of going to the Illinois game? SINGLE GAME TICKETS NOW ON SALE

I just checked with the company, they are having a tailgate for the Illinois game if any Huskermaxer , their family and friends would like to attend. It will be in lot 31. Beer and most likely burgers, hotdogs, etc. No charge. Toyota of Danville and Ford of Tuscola tie in with a local real-estate company. There will be a huge tent, and a lot of Husker fans. All Husker fans are welcome. There will be banners listing the companies. GBR!!

1622382180483.png

I will be there for sure.

My daughter, who will be a senior at Illinois this fall, will tailgate with me, but she won’t attend the game just like the rest of the majority of the Illinois student body. They just don’t care.

The majority of UofI students are seemingly indifferent about the football program. Ironic, considering the school produced several of the all-time greats (Red Grange, Dick Butkus & Ray Nitschke) and "claims" 5 national championships (4 of them pre-AP poll). Oh yeah, Papa Bear George Halas played football there, too. Perhaps the students are too busy studying? Undoubtedly true for some of them, given the crazy good technology that has been invented in the labs on campus over the years. However, students still manage to fervently support the basketball team, with the Orange Krush one of the best student fan sections in all of CBB. Perhaps it comes down to too much partying on Green Street the on Friday nights before 11 am games coupled with a perennially bad football team.

In the end, the Illini fan indifference at home football games makes it easier (and cheaper) to get good tickets. And it's a much shorter drive for me to C-U than Lincoln (NE) or Columbus (OH).

Last edited:
Just curious. Has anyone had any problems purchasing tickets? I have tried 3 or 4 times. Enter my payment info, seems to be processing, but never get a confirmation of purchase..

Just curious. Has anyone had any problems purchasing tickets? I have tried 3 or 4 times. Enter my payment info, seems to be processing, but never get a confirmation of purchase..

I got 3 tickets no problem. I had an account with them from the last time I purchased tickets with them.

Never been to this stadium, so does anyone have tips for reasonable hotel accommodations, places to eat etc…?

Never been to this stadium, so does anyone have tips for reasonable hotel accommodations, places to eat etc…?

If I had to compare Champaign Urbana is like Manhattan "the little apple" Kansas
The tail gating is pretty large and wide open on various lots all around the stadium
Lots of fairly friendly folks, many whop will welcome you

Tried to get rooms a few months ago and was only able to book on Sat night
But I needed multiple rooms, last time booked 3 weeks before and had little problem getting a room.
So good luck.
Any national chain is ok just remember except for the normal game day price, Kansas not NY

Have fun hope this helps

If I had to compare Champaign Urbana is like Manhattan "the little apple" Kansas
The tail gating is pretty large and wide open on various lots all around the stadium
Lots of fairly friendly folks, many whop will welcome you

Tried to get rooms a few months ago and was only able to book on Sat night
But I needed multiple rooms, last time booked 3 weeks before and had little problem getting a room.
So good luck.
Any national chain is ok just remember except for the normal game day price, Kansas not NY

Have fun hope this helps
The couple times I have traveled to Purdue, I have stayed in Danville, Illinois. Danville looks to be closer to Champaign than West Lafayette & there is a steakhouse on the Indiana side of the line that I really like.

The couple times I have traveled to Purdue, I have stayed in Danville, Illinois. Danville looks to be closer to Champaign than West Lafayette & there is a steakhouse on the Indiana side of the line that I really like.

Good point
Danville is east and there are smaller towns all around within an easy morning driving distance to Champaign, should have rooms available.

In that part of the state, really are in the prairie.
If it wasn't for that God awful land between Illinois and Nebraska, probably could see Memorial Stadium or at least the Capital from the Illini Stadium upper decks. And it'd make any drive a lot more fun.

And for Alabama, there is a fun section of town that is a pure college life experience
Lots of folks who went to school there love the place.

Have a good one

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back