• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Anyone interested in joining my Mattel Intellivision Football dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Tecmo Bowl for the win.

tb_2.png

Greatest football game ever. Word on the street is the Red Phoenix legend was born when you caught a deflection off the X.

Or maybe instead of playing video games we could all just grab the old pigskin and head outside and toss it around with our friends and family members. So many people today waste hours and hours, and sometimes even days cooped up in a dark room playing games and gorging on fast food instead of getting out there and enjoying life. There's so much to do and see, why waste time in front of an X-Box when you can spend it with the people you care most about in life? After all, we really don't know how much time we have with any of them so why waste it?

People should really spend more time with the people they love and create memories that last a lifetime, all while getting some fresh air and exercise to keep healthy and fit. :)

I've heard more than a few women/girls complain about their "loser, video game playing" boyfriends. I guess it's a decent distraction but if your wife/girlfriend has EVER even slightly complained that you play to much...you play too much.

I've heard more than a few women/girls complain about their "loser, video game playing" boyfriends. I guess it's a decent distraction but if your wife/girlfriend has EVER even slightly complained that you play to much...you play too much.

I can't get my wife to stop playing Angry Birds and Words With Friends. I don't blame her, though. If I had to be married to me, I'd look for distractions, too.

Poyer, please confirm.

I've received a couple of questions regarding which edition of the Intellivision Football we'll be using. So we are all on the same page, let's use this cartridge:

Get those modems ready, folks! We'll be assigning teams tonight. LAST CALL.[/QUOTE]

Modems? We never had modem capability with our Intellivision...

I did have one of these however: [ATTACH]2344.vB[/ATTACH]

It didn't have a modem either but you could attach that big box at the back to add 16K of extra RAM. Yes, 16k of RAM. It didn't have a football game, but I think I had Frogger for it.

Attachments

• timex.jpg
    timex.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Or maybe instead of playing video games we could all just grab the old pigskin and head outside and toss it around with our friends and family members. So many people today waste hours and hours, and sometimes even days cooped up in a dark room playing games and gorging on fast food instead of getting out there and enjoying life. There's so much to do and see, why waste time in front of an X-Box when you can spend it with the people you care most about in life? After all, we really don't know how much time we have with any of them so why waste it?

People should really spend more time with the people they love and create memories that last a lifetime, all while getting some fresh air and exercise to keep healthy and fit. :)

Although I agree about kids needing to be more active. X-box is one of the few times I get to chat and do something with my brother who is doing contract work in Afganistan. But when he's home its all hunting and fishing for us!

I miss my techmo bowl! Bo Jackson is always good for a td.

But I don't have an old modem hookup to get on line.....but I do have the right phone....

View attachment 2333 View attachment 2334

:cheers:

I have an old rotary dial phone my parents had since they were first married (and that was a hand-me-down from their parents so it is 50's vintage). Those are going for over $100 on eBay.

My wife used to give me static for keeping it around until one day when I was out of town on business and Chicago had one of those multi-day power outages that Wrigleyville used to have in the summer due to the number of AC units on the ancient transmission station in the neighborhood. She called me, worried that her cell phone was about to die due to no charging and what she could do in the event of an emergency.

I told her to just use the house phone (the old one). To her surprise, it worked without electricity. Her office line (Vonage) didn't and all the cordless phones had died.

That gave her a whole new appreciation for that phone.

Did anyone ever break 100 on this one? IIRC, if you scored on every possession and most of the drives were 1 play long going the distance, you would end up with a final score of 98 points before the clock ran out .

I had this one. Option right worked nearly every time, like 9 times out of 10 it went yard.

coleco_football.jpg

I agree move us where ever you think is appropriate.

Great thread by the way... For some reason I feel like i am being mocked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back