• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Anyone interested in joining my Mattel Intellivision Football dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the funniest/coolest/nerdiest thing I've seen in weeks. Well done Sonuva! :bow:

Anyone else miss John Elway's Quarterback? First football game I ever played where I could actually see the players...and it was all downhill from there. Seems like there was a stats-only football game on the "FriendlyWare" package on the PCJr back in the day too...I remember creating a whole league for that one on good ol' dot matrix printer paper when I was seven years old or so. Man, imagination worked so much better back then.

I know this is a console thread, but I had to throw that in and see if it would stick. :cool:

I'm ready to rock!

(Note that I used a red and black jersey :)

Code:
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=#000000][B]                   __
               .-'||'-.
             .'   ||   '.
            /   __||__   \
            | /`-    -`\ |
            | | 6    6 | |
            \/\____7___/\/
    .--------:\:I:II:I:/;--------.
   /          \`:I::I:`/          \
  |            `------'            |
  |             \____/             |
  |      ,    __     ___    ,      |
  |======|   /  |   / _ \   |======|
  |======|   ^| |  | | | |  |======|
  |~~~~~|     | |  | |_| |   |~~~~~|
  |     |\   [___]  \___/   /|     |
   \    \|                  |/    /
   `\    \  _ _.-=""=-._ _  /    /'
     `\   '`_)\\-++++-//(_`'   /'
 jgs   ;   (__||      ||__)   ;
        ;   ___\      /___   ;
         '. ---/-=..=-\--- .'
           `""`        `""`[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR]

Note: "jgs" are Joan Stark's initials; I copied this from her site:
http://www.angelfire.com/ne/stud2/sports1.html#fbplayer

This is the funniest/coolest/nerdiest thing I've seen in weeks. Well done Sonuva! :bow:

Anyone else miss John Elway's Quarterback? First football game I ever played where I could actually see the players...and it was all downhill from there. Seems like there was a stats-only football game on the "FriendlyWare" package on the PCJr back in the day too...I remember creating a whole league for that one on good ol' dot matrix printer paper when I was seven years old or so. Man, imagination worked so much better back then.

I know this is a console thread, but I had to throw that in and see if it would stick. :cool:

I know if you ran the normal/reverse play on John Elway's QB your receiver was about 30X as fast as anyone elseon the field.

I just received this this week for my birthday. I don't have to fold my own anymore. Just have to wait now til my son is old enough to figure it out.

fiki.jpg

Ya..that would be my team. My "Smurfs" on the line couldn't block and Vick got sacked.

Last edited:

I miss the simplicity of all red jerseys, following one's blockers, and running outside the hash marks:

LEDFootball22.jpg

I believe Sonuva is on vacation (self-imposed, not mandated :) ), but I didn't wan this to get lost. In his absence, we had an online Pitfall tournament.
s_Pitfall_2.png

Who am I playing this weekend? I look forward to the dot-matrix printout being delivered by the post office each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back