• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone going to watch the Canelo fight tonight?

nems

He Who Shall Not Be Named
20 Year Member
I’m rooting for the GGG trilogy. He looked okay last night against an undefeated chump.

I suspect Canelo looks good tonight. Since he’s leaning DAZN, hard to say what his next fight will be.

Maybe puts Charlo in the mix.

I’m rooting for the GGG trilogy. He looked okay last night against an undefeated chump.

I suspect Canelo looks good tonight. Since he’s leaning DAZN, hard to say what his next fight will be.

Maybe puts Charlo in the mix.

I thought Smith's reach and height advantage would have given him a better chance to stay competitive, but that just wasn't the case. Zero answers.

I'd like to see another fight with Golovkin, but I'd also like to see some new blood in there.

I thought Smith's reach and height advantage would have given him a better chance to stay competitive, but that just wasn't the case. Zero answers.

I'd like to see another fight with Golovkin, but I'd also like to see some new blood in there.

Callum Smith didn’t have a prayer. He could fight Canelo 100 times and would get the exact same result 100 times. Canelo is that good.

GGG deserves another shot and pay day. First, he already beat Canelo but was robbed of a win. Second, he didn’t make crap for money for most of career because fighters ducked him. He will surely lose to Canelo this time because he’s about to turn 39 and has declining power, but it’s such a great matchup.

If Canelo/GGG lll doesn’t happen, I hope he fights Ryota Murata. What a fight that would be!

Callum Smith didn’t have a prayer. He could fight Canelo 100 times and would get the exact same result 100 times. Canelo is that good.

GGG deserves another shot and pay day. First, he already beat Canelo but was robbed of a win. Second, he didn’t make crap for money for most of career because fighters ducked him. He will surely lose to Canelo this time because he’s about to turn 39 and has declining power, but it’s such a great matchup.

If Canelo/GGG lll doesn’t happen, I hope he fights Ryota Murata. What a fight that would be!

Canelo clearly outclassed Smith. It was kind of strange. I would have liked for him to at least have tried to press his size advantage.

After watching Canelo last night, yeah I think if a GGG trilogy happened, you'll have Canelo in his prime and GGG past his. It's too bad GGG was robbed in his first fight. But moving on from there, I hope he fights Charlo, although I just don't think Charlo has enough for Canelo. Billy Joe Saunders at 167 would be interesting.

End of the day, Canelo just looks to be at a level above everyone at 160 and 167.

I guess if he really wanted to challenge himself, he could go after Beterbiev or of Bivol at 175. That would be crazy if he pulled it off, but I think he'd look alot like Mikey Garcia fighting at 147.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back