• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone gearing up for dove season?

Why the overkill of 3"? Shot plenty with trap loads of 8 shot, 2.75". Couple of decoys and a MOJO Dove and you will see plenty up close.

Any of you shot a collared Dove yet? The invasive species, or so they are called. I see them in town often but rarely see them out hunting. Wondering if any of you have had the opportunity to shoot a few. Look bigger than a mourning Dove so am curious if there is more bang for the buck on the breast meat.

Any of you shot a collared Dove yet? The invasive species, or so they are called. I see them in town often but rarely see them out hunting. Wondering if any of you have had the opportunity to shoot a few. Look bigger than a mourning Dove so am curious if there is more bang for the buck on the breast meat.
They are significantly bigger. I believe they can be shot year around.

Heading to north Georgia Labor Day weekend to hunt dove. Last time I hunted dove I was in high school in Nebraska. I even lived in Texas previously but I guess I never got the coveted opening day invite.

Debating on which shotgun to take. Beretta A400 12 ga, Winchester SX4 12 ga or Beretta Silver Pigeon III 20 ga o/u. Given that Ga requires a plug in the gun anyways, I'm leaning towards the 20 ga o/u.

Heading to north Georgia Labor Day weekend to hunt dove. Last time I hunted dove I was in high school in Nebraska. I even lived in Texas previously but I guess I never got the coveted opening day invite.

Debating on which shotgun to take. Beretta A400 12 ga, Winchester SX4 12 ga or Beretta Silver Pigeon III 20 ga o/u. Given that Ga requires a plug in the gun anyways, I'm leaning towards the 20 ga o/u.

Good choice. Lighten up the artillery for doves

Take the 20. If you are torn, take the A400. But both are good choices.

Thats like going on a long interstate road trip and wondering if you should take the truck with 35" mud tires or the smooth riding sports car.

I absolutely love dove season! It gets the hunters off the lakes so I can fish.

Take the 20. If you are torn, take the A400. But both are good choices.
I'm a very biased towards Beretta's, but I have to admit that I shoot my Winchester SX4 better and seems more reliable than either of by A400's. I just don't need a 12 ga for doves. so the o/u 20ga will likely be what I bring.

I shoot a Benelli SBE 2 with a 24" barrel. Love it and shoot it well. But I am looking for a 20 for doves and even pheasants. Benelli makes an M2 in a 20 with a 26" barrel that looks decent. Been eyeing that one recently. See if I can talk myself into it yet.

I shoot a Benelli SBE 2 with a 24" barrel. Love it and shoot it well. But I am looking for a 20 for doves and even pheasants. Benelli makes an M2 in a 20 with a 26" barrel that looks decent. Been eyeing that one recently. See if I can talk myself into it yet.

I love the M2 in the 20 gauge.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back