• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone ever do prime rib for two?

skerBob

Just another unsuspecting mammal
5 Year Member
Just me an my gal this year for Christmas eve. The method I'm leaning towards says freeze it first and put it in frozen. However, it seems crazy to freeze something to make it better.

Thoughts?

Freezing isn't the best way to go (I realize I'm way past Christmas Eve). Just cook it on very low, like 225 at most. Pull it at 110 internal. Sear it for a few minutes and eat like a king.
I cooked one fresh from the butcher on the smoker, it was great. Next time I'm going to try a bone in. Have you tried the bone in? We used the leftover for beef stroganoff. It was very good.

I cooked one fresh from the butcher on the smoker, it was great. Next time I'm going to try a bone in. Have you tried the bone in? We used the leftover for beef stroganoff. It was very good.
Yes, I usually cook it with bones tied back on. Then use them for the au jus. So good.

I pass all meat duties to one of my sons who buys all the equipment and really cares about such things (I care less and less as time passes). He things freezing steaks is a bad idea since the water in the steak turns to ice and when thawed the ice melts away and the steak is less moist. That's what he believes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back