• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone else happy...

Yes I believe it is stouter and the S&C program is much better. I said this in another thread. Our offensive line is really struggling but it is NOT because they are weaker like it has been in recent years. The opponent is not simply over powering our offensive line. It seems to me it is more about communication, schemes and missed assignments. Too many UNBLOCKED or BARELY BLOCKED opponents making it through the line of scrimmage. This IS fixable and right not probably one of the main culprits of AM appearances to be struggling.
IMO...You are 100% correct and I'd go as far as saying the o line is made up of some very physical dudes who are no longer being pushed around. As continuity in line play improves, so goes the entire offense.

Last edited:

double teams neutralized and/or pushed back = chaos. more imfo coming saturday. 6 guys rotating keeps them fresh without drop off. this may get really enjoyable

The defensive line deserve so much credit and they have far surpassed my expectations. But after watching the film of the Northern Illinois game, I shifted my typical attention from the offensive line to our linebackers, especially those playing on the inside. Let me tell you, those kids are flying to the ball now. A lot of that has to do with the fact that defensive lineman are doing their job in the two-gap, freeing up the linebackers for free shots at the ball carriers. But there's something different about the way they are playing. It's night and day in terms of the speed at which they are flowing to the ball. All of this stuff is complementary, and as @cthusker stated, Chin deserves a lot of credit for the quick turnaround.

I'm staying very positive about this group, but this week will be a very interesting test, especially with the Illinois running game. They've got a true stud (Corbin & an experienced offensive line) that we're going to have to game plan to stop. Positional discipline will be challenged greatly on Saturday. Play action off the run using Peters' arm might find a receiver or two behind our defensive backs.
The transition of adding Tuioti on the staff has also been pretty seamless and certainly helped in the play of the defensive line.

I'm happy that we've already won two games and it's still September.
Back to back 4-8 seasons will do that to a guy...
Yea we already have 25% of the number of wins as the past 2 years combined and we've only played 3 games.

Progress!

:Unsure:

The transition of adding Tuioti on the staff has also been pretty seamless and certainly helped in the play of the defensive line.
Without a doubt. If you really think of it, we are better at every position (on defense) group this year....a testament to all those assistant coaches some think should be replaced. You're right... definitely not just Chin.

Yes I believe it is stouter and the S&C program is much better. I said this in another thread. Our offensive line is really struggling but it is NOT because they are weaker like it has been in recent years. The opponent is not simply over powering our offensive line. It seems to me it is more about communication, schemes and missed assignments. Too many UNBLOCKED or BARELY BLOCKED opponents making it through the line of scrimmage. This IS fixable and right not probably one of the main culprits of AM appearances to be struggling.

Bingo.

Didn't go to the game, out of town, so I taped it and tried to watch it Sunday evening. Damn I hate Iowa ! Had to fast forward through the tape to get past the Iowa game so all the dvr had of the Huskers was the last 13 minutes of the 3rd qtr and the 4th qtr. I'll trust the previous posters that the DLine is playing well. Guaranteed I will watch the Illinois game live this Saturday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back