• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Matt Davison?

Yeah, Matt Davison needs the boot, too. He caught one pass a quarter century ago.

Nice guy, and I have no personal beef with him but we have too many former football stars walking the halls of the AD office. Not enough qualified businesspeople who understand the machine of college athletics.

I bet they play Springsteen's "Glory Days" on repeat at work all day.

Last edited:
Yeah, Matt Davison needs the boot, too. He caught one pass a quarter century ago.

Nice guy, and I have no personal beef with him but we have too many former football stars walking the halls of the AD office. Not enough qualified businesspeople who understand the machine of college athletics.

I bet they play Springsteen's "Glory Days" on repeat at work all day.
I can still remember riding the escalator down from section 605 in Memorial stadium.
Davison was on his radio show imploring the fan base to hold on to our hope after Iowa pounded a Mike Riley led Nebraska team
He informed us to just hold on to hope because the next coach was going to right the ship.
That didn't age well at all.

I can still remember riding the escalator down from section 605 in Memorial stadium.
Davison was on his radio show imploring the fan base to hold on to our hope after Iowa pounded a Mike Riley led Nebraska team
He informed us to just hold on to hope because the next coach was going to right the ship.

Yeah, in hindsight, it's almost like Moos brought Davison onboard to help lure Frost back to Lincoln. The whole thing stinks.

I'd prefer to just remember Davison as the guy next to Shevin Wiggins' foot.

Honestly, we all felt that way. That damn Matt Davison!

Edit
I think we found more witches!

Last edited:
Honestly, we all felt that way. That damn Matt Davison!

Edit
I think we found more witches!
You can mock all you want, but having too many long-time unqualified insiders (including former players) involved in the program can arguably be blamed for its insularity and secretive nature. These guys have been around the program long enough to know how it works. It has become a good ol’ boys network that covers up for its own, which has led to the squandering of Nebraska football’s good name. While Coach Joseph and TA are former players, so far they have been a welcome breath of fresh air as far as transparency. We need more light shining on the program and need to get rid of more of the internal rot to get this thing rolling again. IMHO…

You can mock all you want,
You gotta admit, the post i mocked was deserving of mocking.
but having too many long-time unqualified insiders (including former players) involved in the program can arguably be blamed for its insularity and secretive nature. These guys have been around the program long enough to know how it works. It has become a good ol’ boys network that covers up for its own, which has led to the squandering of Nebraska football’s good name. While Coach Joseph and TA are former players, so far they have been a welcome breath of fresh air as far as transparency. We need more light shining on the program and need to get rid of more of the internal rot to get this thing rolling again. IMHO…
We just need to be careful of who we're accusing of witchcraft. Some of this is starting to get a little bizarre

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back