• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any reason for worry

Recruiting rankings this time of year are about as relevant as a kid releasing his top 10 list with the hashtag "Still open to other offers."
Reminds me of my kid being upset that not first in line at a self serve ice cream machine. Just wait, you’ll get yours.

Recruiting rankings this time of year are about as relevant as a kid releasing his top 10 list with the hashtag "Still open to other offers."
Or a scoring update of 4-2. One minute gone. In Basketball.

#gnashingteeth

True story
Thank you for clarifying my foggy memory. :thumbsup:
View attachment 23004
3 B1G teams in the top 10. 3 more in the second 10. 1 in the third set of ten. 7 teams ahead of us!
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/ Illinois and Purdue below us in 4th set of 10.
View attachment 23005
Somewhat concerned, don't like sorry Iowa at #9 but they dropped from #3.
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-Ten
Also if you are going after the big fish they often committ later. For instance we know one of the big fish we are after (Hutmacher) has already said he will not commit until June.

I'd definitely be more worried if we had 10 guys signed and 7 of them were 3 stars. Not that I'm totally caught up in star gazing but just saying. I think the schedule sets up for a break out year in wins this year if we can keep AM healthy. Right now our 2018 record is the only outstanding negative to this staff's recruiting. A strong win campaign this year and I think we will see the domino's fall real well prior to the early signing period. I don't want all the scholarships taken up by early 3 star signee's and it appears as if this staff is thinking the same way.

I'd definitely be more worried if we had 10 guys signed and 7 of them were 3 stars. Not that I'm totally caught up in star gazing but just saying. I think the schedule sets up for a break out year in wins this year if we can keep AM healthy. Right now our 2018 record is the only outstanding negative to this staff's recruiting. A strong win campaign this year and I think we will see the domino's fall real well prior to the early signing period. I don't want all the scholarships taken up by early 3 star signee's and it appears as if this staff is thinking the same way.
Agree with most of you've said here. One exception might be for 3 star ratings for interior linemen. I say that because teams like Wisky, MSU and IA seem to get some very good line play from players that weren't highly rated. If a player doesn't have the physical skills at QB, RB or WR it might be difficult to coach them up to become all conference players? We have seen however how teams like Wisky has developed excellent lines with lower rated players. This assumes they can become ROAD GRADERS on offense... in other words very very large and athletic!

My guess is SF knows exactly what type of players he needs to build a championship program and is doing so now..........

Last edited:

Recruiting rankings are opinions.
All sports rankings are opinions— including the media and coaches polls. Some have more evidence behind them than others. I think that recruiting rankings are more subjective than most, but there is still a strong correlation between a team’s star ranking and subsequent W-L records and poll results. So I like it when the Huskers attract 4 star recruits.

All sports rankings are opinions— including the media and coaches polls. Some have more evidence behind them than others. I think that recruiting rankings are more subjective than most, but there is still a strong correlation between a team’s star ranking and subsequent W-L records and poll results. So I like it when the Huskers attract 4 star recruits.

I like getting the best talent available to meet the needs of the team. Obviously, for the norm, the star value equates, on some level, to the talent of the player. But, those evaluating individual players are simply giving their opinions. And, their opinion about those players changes frequently. But ranking a team because of the stars only serves one purpose, it elevates the expectations of the fans. Reporters who print the rankings want to sell their product. It is how the keep their jobs.

Agree with most of you've said here. One exception might be for 3 star ratings for interior linemen. I say that because teams like Wisky, MSU and IA seem to get some very good line play from players that weren't highly rated. If a player doesn't have the physical skills at QB, RB or WR it might be difficult to coach them up to become all conference players? We have seen however how teams like Wisky has developed excellent lines with lower rated players. This assumes they can become ROAD GRADERS on offense... in other words very very large and athletic!

My guess is SF knows exactly what type of players he needs to build a championship program and is doing so now..........
See Cam Jurgens

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back