• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any real ideas who we might be looking for to replace DeWitt?

Really there is no hurry? Interesting Isn't today the last day of the quiet period? So who is going out to recruit? You?

It’s already basically been said all over that Dawson is already a done deal. Assume that coaches are waiting till after the natty game to announce all changes - which would hopefully mean we are snagging one or 2 coaches off LSU...

It’s already basically been said all over that Dawson is already a done deal. Assume that coaches are waiting till after the natty game to announce all changes - which would hopefully mean we are snagging one or 2 coaches off LSU...
I was really only reacting to him saying there is no hurry. That is a ridiculous statement. The longer we go without the position being filled, the more it looks like we are struggling to fill it. That is a recruiting nightmare. Not just because we are short a coach. It is the image it portrays.

Really there is no hurry? Interesting Isn't today the last day of the quiet period? So who is going out to recruit? You?
I don't think it's a big deal considering DeWitt wasn't even on the recruiting trail leading up to the early signing period and we did quite well. As we've discussed the last couple of weeks, it appears there is more than one ball up in the air right now in terms of the staff. I just want Scott to get it right and bring in the best possible coaches

I was really only reacting to him saying there is no hurry. That is a ridiculous statement. The longer we go without the position being filled, the more it looks like we are struggling to fill it. That is a recruiting nightmare. Not just because we are short a coach. It is the image it portrays.

This doesn't look bad from any perspective. Get the right hire and announce it all at once (if there are other moves). Most of the recruiting being done now is for next year...there is time.

Perhaps I should clarify. We may not be adding anyone to the recruiting class and if so it is one or two and the current 8 coaches can handle that.
Yeah see but this time of year the coaches often visit players for NEXT years class.

Yeah see but this time of year the coaches often visit players for NEXT years class.
Yeah see but Dewitt was not a huge part of this and I am sure Scott Frost knows what is going on. He is not sleeping in till 10 and telling his wife he should probably make some calls today about the position. Just because you don’t know what is going on does not mean there isn’t already a plan in place and you will find out what that is when they are ready to tell you. You are not entitled to daily updates on what is going on with the assistant coaching search.

Yeah see but Dewitt was not a huge part of this and I am sure Scott Frost knows what is going on. He is not sleeping in till 10 and telling his wife he should probably make some calls today about the position. Just because you don’t know what is going on does not mean there isn’t already a plan in place and you will find out what that is when they are ready to tell you. You are not entitled to daily updates on what is going on with the assistant coaching search.
I'm an entitled Husker fan. Of course I am entitled to daily updates on everything related to the Huskers. :Koolaid2:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back