• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

any good canada fishing referals ?

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
been waiting to take my son fishing in canada, til he was old enough to stay in a boat all day. he loves to fish, but gets limited time doing so, as we leave in Los Angeles.

I used to go to western ontario quite a bit, (kenora, red lake, sioux lookout) but its been 20 years, and thing change. Has anyone been to that area, and can refer a good place? Im wanting meals provided and a guide, so its gonna be spendy. Northern Pike and small mouth, are the main target. Any help is appreciated.

Maybe @ksuhusker has been there
We just got back from a fly in bear hunt in Manitoba and they run fish camps as well. We hunt with same group for multiple adventures. Jason Lambley does the hunting through www.huntsfromtheheart.com and is a Nebraska boy. Clinton whitewater does the fish camps and his contact info is attached.
I have not been there yet, filming a Caribou hunt next year up there plus fishing. Wish I be more help.

Only place I fished was Lake of the Woods, the northern were thick, but that was many years ago.

What species are you looking to fish? I haven't fished in Canada in over 10 years but my dad used to go every year or every other year. I can ask him. In his later years he's enjoyed going way up North for Lake Trout because trolling is less strenuous than casting all day. I find it boring but I get it. He's caught some monsters.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back