• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any Birders On Here?

Since I started funding her photography addiction, Mrs Crab has become something of a novice bird expert as it relates to local species.

I've learned more about birds just from having her show me the pictures and tell me about the various species I thought I knew something about.

It's another very cool world they live in.
Associating habitat helps, but I've found birds make do and can be found in the most non assumptive areas.
March 3rd,first sighting of the Trumpeter swans as they flew over the house.
Beautiful large birds.Havent seen any pelicans in a few years, but the Herons,Eagles and Osprey are here every year.
Saw a blue bunting last year at my daughters, hadnt seen one in years, but same for grouse in the yard,saw them last year as well.

Good year for turkeys this year, most likely.

Associating habitat helps, but I've found birds make do and can be found in the most non assumptive areas.
March 3rd,first sighting of the Trumpeter swans as they flew over the house.
Beautiful large birds.Havent seen any pelicans in a few years, but the Herons,Eagles and Osprey are here every year.
Saw a blue bunting last year at my daughters, hadnt seen one in years, but same for grouse in the yard,saw them last year as well.

Good year for turkeys this year, most likely.

I'd have a hard time listing all the birds she's taken photos of and/or we've seen on 'birding' hikes around our area.

Eagles, osprey, four or five different types of hawks, and the dozens of different types of songbirds I kind of thought were all the same things.

We actually had a group of turkeys walk past the back of the house a few weekends ago while we were out on the back deck drinking our coffee.

I'd have a hard time listing all the birds she's taken photos of and/or we've seen on 'birding' hikes around our area.

Eagles, osprey, four or five different types of hawks, and the dozens of different types of songbirds I kind of thought were all the same things.

We actually had a group of turkeys walk past the back of the house a few weekends ago while we were out on the back deck drinking our coffee.
It's all there, Gods beautiful distraction

1691853162162.png

Saw the trumpeters already, earliest ever. Early on they use the various rivers up here and wait until ice out on the lakes.
Saw a grouse a week or so as well in the yard, and of course the pileated woodpeckers.

Saw the trumpeters already, earliest ever. Early on they use the various rivers up here and wait until ice out on the lakes.
Saw a grouse a week or so as well in the yard, and of course the pileated woodpeckers.

Down here it's the usual Spring birds, getting an early start on the feeders and nesting. Bluebirds, finches, warblers, cardinals by the dozen, a few blue jays, nuthatches, titmouse, chickadees and with all of that flying around...lots of hawks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back