• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anthony Grant has star potential

At some point you have to separate a new team vs the same coach.
We have a new qb this year, completely different outcome can be had.
A different outcome has been acknowledged as a potential outcome. So has a similar outcome based on that same coach. We are all watching to see which materializes. So far it’s the same coach. A lot of season left though.

Interesting that inwards and upwards is mentioned rather than backwards. One of the things that will play a huge part in Frost retaining his job is looking backwards and using that as the bar going forward. In essence his own failures are helping him this year.
If I could get you to look forwards instead of backwards you would become my new best friend :)

Last edited:
A different outcome has been acknowledged as a potential outcome. So has a similar outcome based on that same coach. We are all watching to see which materializes. So far it’s the same coach. A lot of season left though.
I know it was NoDak, but 3 TD win? And we were dominant at the end.
Reminds of the Rutgers game, except at the beginning of the year and no covid.
They have to believe in themselves first, make believers out of us second

If I could get you to look forwards instead of backwards you would become ny new best friend :)
I am looking so far forward you can’t ever catch me. I’m already salivating over finding a coach who can get us back to competitive in the B1G. :).

And that has to do with this year how? They have a different team this year, as do we. Can we stop looking backwards, and start looking forward? I know you're pissed about the last 4 years. Onwards and upwards

Good question.. I wasn't the one that made the comment.

That said, the history of a program is often a good indicator..

Last edited:
I know it was NoDak, but 3 TD win? And we were dominant at the end.
Reminds of the Rutgers game, except at the beginning of the year and no covid.
They have to believe in themselves first, make believers out of us second
Hey I’m happy with the win. You haven’t seen me criticize the win or the spread. I was super happy that we put emphasis on the run the second half and the success Grant had.

Totally agree with you!

Take away those long punt returns for touchdowns and Johnny Rogers was a below average punt returner at best.

Yeah, sure.
So did you see my analysis of the breakdown of his runs or are you ok with a RB who averages 2.3 ypg and has one 48 yard run. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good RB and will probably have a great year, but to call his NW game a good game is proving that some people just don't understand football at all anymore.

Grant has something that cannot be taught - vision and instincts. Backs like him i.e. Sanders and to some extent Ameer can cover up OL deficiencies.
I like Grant a lot, but at this point we should not be considering him even close to the players you just named. In fact, I would consider him to be closer to Deangelo Evans. In fact SF made reference to how some fans want to retire his jersey. Some fans either don't know good football or have really short memories.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back