• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anthony Grant has star potential

So you are calling into question my fandom and calling me disloyal only because I pointed out that Grant did not have as good of a game that some people say he did. Well I guess you would have to put Scott Frost in the same boat because he said the same thing about Grant's NW performance in his post game press conference this Saturday. I did not say anything about Grant as a person or his potential. I simply pointed out that without his 1 run, his game was actually pretty bad. If you are not able to discern what people type and intent the internet is going to be a rough place for you.
Haha. The internet is entertainment.

Try to enjoy the win. Grant had a pretty good day. Actually he had 2 good games. Two 100 yard games back to back is pretty good. He had some good moves. He runs hard.

I also liked Allen coming in with fresh legs and a different style runner. He had a good game especially as a true freshman.

I can’t wait for the Georgia Southern game.

We were not talking about yesterday we were talking about NW. Yes, Grant had an exceptional game yesterday. I literally have a thread titled "We are 1-1" where I say instead of listing the criticsms against ND I am going to savor the win. Imagine if everyone just hopped into thread and tried to snipe like you did, without actually reading the posts.
I read the posts. I think Grant had a decent game against NW. A 100 yard rushing game is decent.

Trey Palmer is a play maker, so is Vokolek.
We have an offense that will use Travis a lot, hope Fidone gets healthy and plays to his hoped for potential.
Washington makes plays.

We have guys now,not just one.
As these guys keep showing up, you can bet AG will continue to be another play maker.

Except he had multiple runs of over 20 yards and over 10 yards. Besides, do you think that any of the great NU backs would have beaten Helu's record had they had as many carries. It is not moving the goal posts. It is football 101. Would you rather have a RB who ran the ball for five yards every play or one who had 19 yards on 19 carries and 1 run of 81 yards. Both yield the same average. One would be far more effective to an offensive coordinator. So, since the information is actually out there, lets examine his game against NW before we retire his number.

I will only list the exact runs by Grant since it would be a waste of time to list anything else. 1st Drive: First run, 2 yards, second run 4 yards. Average: 3 yards.

3rd Drive: 1 yard, 8 yards, 2 yards. 2 yards Four runs, 13 yards. Average almost 3, but three of the runs were below the average you need.

So first quarter 6 runs 19 yards. This is significantly less than you need to run an offense.

Second Quarter: 1 yard, 1yard. Two rushes for 2 yards. Significantly below what an offense needs.

Second Quarter 6:15 drive 1 yard 8 yards, 1 yard. Still below the 3.33 needed to get a first down on three rushes.

Total 2nd Quarter production 4 carries 11 yards. No where near what is needed to produce an effective offense.

His 3rd Quarter was then his best quarter. I will space the drama 8 carries for 68 yards. But it started out with runs of 2, 3, 6 and 3. So without the 48 yard run he is finally just barely meeting what an OC needs his starting RB to get.

4th quarter. 1 Rush 3 yards. So for 3 quarters of the game he averaged less than an OC needs on a rushing play to make play calling easier. And this is the starting RB.

So crown him if you want. His game against NW was not very good.

If we were to take his 3rd quarter out of the game he would have had 13 carries for 38 yards. That would fall under the category of really bad for a starting RB.

Check the link to see where AG ranks in the nation right now....This team has more question marks than bright spots right now and AG is part of the latter....

North Dakota was 5-6 last year, did not make the playoffs. 2020 was 5-2 won one and lost the second in the playoffs. 2019 7-5, lost the first game of the playoffs. 2018 was 6-5 no playoffs. 2017 they were 3-8.

You must be thinking of a different team.
We didn't play ND 2021. Or did I miss something?

We didn't play ND 2021. Or did I miss something?

No, we didn't.. that post was from a comment from a different poster talking about North Dakota making the championship/playoffs 3 out of the last 6 years. I was showing they had not been.

No, we didn't.. that post was from a comment from a different poster talking about North Dakota making the championship/playoffs 3 out of the last 6 years. I was showing they had not been.
And that has to do with this year how? They have a different team this year, as do we. Can we stop looking backwards, and start looking forward? I know you're pissed about the last 4 years. Onwards and upwards

And that has to do with this year how? They have a different team this year, as do we. Can we stop looking backwards, and start looking forward? I know you're pissed about the last 4 years. Onwards and upwards
Interesting that inwards and upwards is mentioned rather than backwards. One of the things that will play a huge part in Frost retaining his job is looking backwards and using that as the bar going forward. In essence his own failures are helping him this year.

Interesting that inwards and upwards is mentioned rather than backwards. One of the things that will play a huge part in Frost retaining his job is looking backwards and using that as the bar going forward. In essence his own failures are helping him this year.
At some point you have to separate a new team vs the same coach.
We have a new qb this year, completely different outcome can be had.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back