• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Another juco linebacker (Zaire Anderson) eagerly awaits his turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Nice story on Zaire in the LJS...looking forward to seeing him as a blackshirt in 2012....:)

Darrin Chiaverini, the current Riverside associate head coach and former Colorado Buffaloes wide receiver, has seen and played with some good linebackers.
But he puts Anderson's abilities up there with about anyone.

"When a coach would stop by and ask me who our best defensive player was I would tell them, 'Look, I know that Zaire is not your prototypical outside or inside linebacker, but the tape doesn't lie,'" Chiaverini told Scout.com's Big Red Report site. "When you turn that tape on it's obvious that he can play. People get too caught up on if a player is long. Is he 6-foot-3? Is he 6-foot-2? The bottom line is this: Can he play or can he not play?"

Scott Eklund, a recruiting analyst for JCfootball.com, is in the crowd convinced Anderson can play.

"He plays really strong at the point of attack. He's able to use his hands pretty well. He does have the ability to rush the quarterback pretty well, which is always a good thing," Eklund said.

"Really, for him, it's not going to be about talent level, because he's just as talented as any D-1 player. It's going to be what's his motor like and what's his desire like to play this game and maximize his potential?"

Chiaverini told Scout that Anderson's athletic ability allows him to blow up a play nine out of ten times even when you think you've outschemed him.

"He's going to do whatever it takes when he gets there to make sure you are on the ground and you know who hit you," Chiaverini said. "Some guys get there and make the play. Zaire gets there and he's in a bad mood."

Tons more here of a long article:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1828785d-8430-5548-b4bb-3f6e0bc684ee.html

Last edited:

And everybody can put to rest the thoughts of him going Texas Tech. He has firmly stated he is "N" since his visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back