• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anonymous.

Hey, truth hurts even anonymous truths apparently. They did say positive things about or Defense that would help our recruiting. Let that sink in.
How better to attack a program than to attack the head coach? They could have raved about our Runzas, but that wasn’t going to tip recruiting our way. Try to let that sink a little deeper.

How better to attack a program than to attack the head coach? They could have raved about our Runzas, but that wasn’t going to tip recruiting our way. Try to let that sink a little deeper.
I seriously doubt recruits read that stuff. If it were on TikTok then maybe I’d think conspiracy.

And most people besides Nebraskans have never heard of a Runza, so let that sink cur plunk!

Lol, I guess all the positive comments in the article are just a ruse to make it look legitimate. I suggest all those calling BS actually read the entire article and the comments for every team.

C
Read the entire article. Still call BS and I stated my reasons why, which had nothing to do with how positive or negative the comments were.

I also think it's strange how Athlon seems to be the only journalism outfit that manages to get these "inside" reviews on a yearly basis.

Personally I don't think any coach was involved in the article,
Some writer just ran with it himself,
All made it all up.

But, what do I know.
I know nothing according to my ex-wife
I agree. On the coach comments part. Not about your ex wife. Lol

Read the entire article. Still call BS and I stated my reasons why, which had nothing to do with how positive or negative the comments were.

I also think it's strange how Athlon seems to be the only journalism outfit that manages to get these "inside" reviews on a yearly basis.

Okay

C

Agree. I was one of the few on this forum, and among my friends, that kept saying Frost walked into a huge mess that would take 5-10 years to straighten out. We had sunk into oblivion as a FB program. This was not going to be a quick fix. I will also admit that I am not seeing, and am disappointed, about the progress I had hoped for with improving wins over losses. There are still obvious voids in program continuity, which unfortunately, points directly to leadership of the head guy, Frost.
You are right. I was a little shocked at how far away we were in year 2...but now it makes perfect sense. Frost inherited a pretty dire situation here, much worse than we thought. While Frost hasn't been perfect (could easily have a few more wins), I truly do believe that the roster is improving and I am hoping the staff keeps improving. It took 20 years to dig this hole, its going to take a least 5 to start digging out.

One area that must improve, are the self-inflicted wounds during games. Sounds like the staff is addressing this. Just hope it sticks with the players this year.

Last edited:

I know for a fact that's incorrect on Scott's part. He's actually stated publicly that he was a bit surprised by how long it was taking for some of these things to develop. He definitely thought we'd be much further along than we are now. That's an absolute fact. Don't ask how I know, because I won't tell.

"Better get us now." He thought by year two we'd be competing for a division title.

LOL, two players and one of them is a former player yet you try to lay it at PJ. Your hate for him is funny but nothing you said about him sending his players to do it is true.

C
show me a link that proves he did not. I know there is not one so you no more can prove he didn't than I can prove he did. Yes I do not like the used car salesman. I have made that obvious. I root for every team against him. I think he is what is wrong with college football. he is the stereo type of the fast talking slick salesman coach.

I’ll call myself out. Loved tommy Frazier but he was a terrible passer. Even with all the talent around him and the running game fears he still couldn’t complete much more than half his passes. I’d love to challenge anyone to watch a couple of his games and imagine number 2 being on that jearsey.
Now did he win? Absolutely. Exchange AM and tommy Frazier and I doubt tommy wins anymore games the last three years and probably less. Ams passing game back in that offense with all those tools and that offense would have been even more insane.
QBs always get too much credit and too much blame.
IMO, Dan Marino was one of the greatest QBs to play in the NFL but hardly gets mentioned because he never had the supporting cast to win a super bowl.

I think so too. Honestly could sera situation where he and Stepp surpass everyone else. I could see Johnson, Scott, and Morrison all transferring next season if those two are as good as I believe.
I think we have 2 backs that are duck-r types, and 4 that arent, with two big thumpers, and two just very good backs.
They sort em out, room for all

I believe "first contact" refers to the moment Kirk has sexual relations with one of the natives on a planet after the Enterprise arrives.

Oh wait... context.

Sorry, I thought this thread needed some humor.

Yes!
Vina_as_an_Orion_slave_girl.jpg

Really this sounds made up to me. Some anon coach said something bad. While I don't disagree that we have failed to have an identity offensively, who cares what some media person made up.
I find it funny our known worse year ever,as if these coaches didnt know we were playing a lot of freshmen and walkons, and while that may work for other fanbases, these coaches know., its called backhandedly kicking while youre down.
The only thing that bothers me is some in our fanbase that thinks our freshmen and walkons should be winning more than losing in the Big

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back