• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Andrus Peat will likely not announce until signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Like brother Todd....not a huge deal for us as we will make a spot for him....I can fully understand where he is coming from...wants to make sure he makes the best decision for him....the easy thing right now would be to commit to Nebraska for family reasons....seem like a great family and best to him what ever he decides...:)

Andrus will participate in the Under Armour all-star game Thursday. He told The World-Herald on Tuesday that he likely will not make his college plan public until signing day.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120103/BIGRED/701039866

RR's quote above of Peat just says he won't make it public until signing day. That could very well mean he has already made a commitment and informed the staffs involved.

As long as the coaches know, I don't really mind BUT it drives me nuts when a kid strings the process out for the theatrics of it all. Not saying this is what AP is doing at all, but if he knows for sure where he is going, why not announce?

I put some of the blame on the ESPN's of the world that encourage this so they can broadcast signings at zero hour for a nice little ratings boost targeting the off season fottball junkie crowd. It's smart business but somewhere out there, a team and it's coaches is going to get the shaft.

It is his decision, hopefully he is N in the end. would be kind of nice tho if he already knew where he wanted to go to announce early enough to maybe give a push to some of the other undecideds out there that would like to play with a guy like him. he would actually probably be doing himself a favor in the long run if he didnt wait untill the last day but i really am not a recruiting guru so i have no idea if that would matter to other recruits or not.

i read something yesterday that aziz shittu and two other guys that were pretty highly regarded were thinking of playing together so i guess it would make sense that maybe there are players that would want to play with Peat!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back