• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And then there were 33…

One Hit Wonder

Recruit
2 Year Member
There’s been a lot of talk about the rebuilding of Nebraska’s roster (more so after getting blanked in the draft). The amount of roster turnover over the past 18 months has been impressive. There are currently 81 scholarship guys on the roster and 33 of them were recruited by Riley and I count at least 20 of those 33 that will be heavy contributors in 2019.

I won’t be one of those persons bashing the current roster. Are there guys that are non-contributors or perhaps lazy or whatever? Sure. Is it feasible or acceptable to just wipe the entire slate clean? No. Is Frost still in his infancy as far as completing his complete make-over of the football program? Hell yes. This is a rebuild of epic proportions and it is an arduous process and I will be patient as it all unfolds.

Now, if you think about all of the dysfunctional crap these 33 guys have gone through with the coaching and administrative changes and some of them with at least 3 different position coaches - IMO whoever graduates or exhausts their eligibility from this group personifies what a Nebraskan is all about. Every morning you wake up, look in the mirror and tell yourself, I don’t care what crap is thrown in my face… I’m going to finish what I started. In this day and age of selfish snowflake transfers, the 33 should be commended. And yes, I’m aware of the likelihood that a few of these guys won’t be on the roster in 2019.

OFFENSE
W. Mazour
J. Bradley
JD Spielman
J. McQuitty
J. Stoll
A. Allen
K. Rafdal
C. Gaylord
M. Farniok
B. Jaimes
J. Raridon
B. Wilson
B. Bando
M. Sichterman

DEFENSE
C. Davis
K. Davis
D. Neal
B. Stille
D. Daniels
D. Thomas
C. Walker
M. Barry
A. Davis
T. Ferguson
P. Jefferson
J. Domann
C. Miller
A. Anderson
L. Jackson
E. Lee Jr.
D. Bootle
T. Butler
M. Dismuke

Last edited:

Thanks for putting all of that together, OHW! And yes, there are a number of those 33 who are front and center now, and in the mix with our best players. Kudos to all of them for working for that N on their helmets.

Last edited:

There’s been a lot of talk about the rebuilding of Nebraska’s roster (more so after getting blanked in the draft). The amount of roster turnover over the past 18 months has been impressive. There are currently 81 scholarship guys on the roster and 33 of them were recruited by Riley and I count at least 20 of those 33 that will be heavy contributors in 2019.

I won’t be one of those persons bashing the current roster. Are there guys that are non-contributors or perhaps lazy or whatever? Sure. Is it feasible or acceptable to just wipe the entire slate clean? No. Is Frost still in his infancy as far as completing his complete make-over of the football program? Hell yes. This is a rebuild of epic proportions and it is an arduous process and I will be patient as it all unfolds.

Now, if you think about all of the dysfunctional crap these 33 guys have gone through with the coaching and administrative changes and some of them with at least 3 different position coaches - IMO whoever graduates or exhausts their eligibility from this group personifies what a Nebraskan is all about. Every morning you wake up, look in the mirror and tell yourself, I don’t care what crap is thrown in my face… I’m going to finish what I started. In this day and age of selfish snowflake transfers, the 33 should be commended. And yes, I’m aware of the likelihood that a few of these guys won’t be on the roster in 2019.

OFFENSE
W. Mazour
J. Bradley
JD Spielman
J. McQuitty
J. Stoll
A. Allen
K. Rafdal
C. Gaylord
M. Farniok
B. Jaimes
J. Raridon
B. Wilson
B. Bando
M. Sichterman

DEFENSE
C. Davis
K. Davis
D. Neal
B. Stille
D. Daniels
D. Thomas
C. Walker
M. Barry
A. Davis
T. Ferguson
P. Jefferson
J. Domann
C. Miller
A. Anderson
L. Jackson
E. Lee Jr.
D. Bootle
T. Butler
M. Dismuke

These guys are the ones you want to go to battle with. They made it through this and came out on the other side. Props to them.

Great post indeed.

One of my favorite quotes seems appropriate here, "You can't always control the the things that affect you, but you can always control how you choose to react."

I like seeing guys choosing to be positive... choosing to work through adversity... and choosing to finish strong!

OFFENSE
W. Mazour
J. Bradley
JD Spielman
J. McQuitty
J. Stoll
A. Allen
K. Rafdal
C. Gaylord
M. Farniok
B. Jaimes
J. Raridon
B. Wilson
B. Bando
M. Sichterman

DEFENSE
C. Davis
K. Davis
D. Neal
B. Stille
D. Daniels
D. Thomas
C. Walker
M. Barry
A. Davis
T. Ferguson
P. Jefferson
J. Domann
C. Miller
A. Anderson
L. Jackson
E. Lee Jr.
D. Bootle
T. Butler
M. Dismuke
2zrjt1.jpg

for the most part, i really like the guys that are left, they have persevered, and overcome alot of crap, plus 3 different position coaches in a lot of positions. cant wait for these guys to show what they got this fall, its gonna be a different feel.

Totally agree, the next few years are going to make these kids so proud that they stuck with it. Gbr

Yep, and some are seniors this year. But like last years seniors, they can leave a legacy of resetting the culture at Nebraska.

OFFENSE
W. Mazour
J. Bradley
JD Spielman
J. McQuitty
J. Stoll
A. Allen
K. Rafdal
C. Gaylord
M. Farniok
B. Jaimes
J. Raridon
B. Wilson
B. Bando
M. Sichterman

DEFENSE
C. Davis
K. Davis
D. Neal
B. Stille
D. Daniels
D. Thomas
C. Walker
M. Barry
A. Davis
T. Ferguson
P. Jefferson
J. Domann
C. Miller
A. Anderson
L. Jackson
E. Lee Jr.
D. Bootle
T. Butler
M. Dismuke
Great post, and I would add that several of those guys will be playing on Sundays, most likely.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back