• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And the ESPY for Whiner of the Year goes to....

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Texas usually gets their way, so I wouldn't be shocked to see something ridiculous come out of this.

I didn't watch the game. Were there any flags through during the contest for taunting?
Nope. None at all.

Literally every team that plays Texas does this.

Last edited by a moderator:

So much for those 'Miami rules' of the early 1990's. I have to support Tom Herman on this one. Nip it quick or it's going to boil over quickly.

So much for those 'Miami rules' of the early 1990's. I have to support Tom Herman on this one. Nip it quick or it's going to boil over quickly.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Texas players giving the hook ‘me horns to an opponent is ok and not taunting, but a horns down gesture is and should be punished?

Disagree.

Giving the crossbones to the crowd by our Blackshirts is okay. Texas players showing horns to the crowd is okay.

But taunting is taunting. Showing horns up or down to the opponent is taunting.

Teams and fans have been doing this to Texas for decades.Nothing is gonna change and Herman only looks like a little you know what for crying about it. If Texas had won the game, we'd have never heard about it.

Giving the crossbones to the crowd by our Blackshirts is okay. Texas players showing horns to the crowd is okay.

Texas doesn’t get flagged for it. Come to think of it CU’s defensive players threw the bones a few times last Saturday, no flags. Should have pissed our defense off, but it didn’t warrant a flag.

Does it say they were taunting the players? That would be up to the referee to enforce a taunting rule.

Looked like it was the typical crowd taunt that the Texas crowd deserves. If that's the crime suck it up buttercup.

The opposite could be said about the crowds constant horns display with every successful play Texas manages to pull off.

So is waving a "no" finger or shushing the home crowd with a finger to the lips taunting?
The only thing missing from this ignorant Texas whine fest is a couple shots of their fans crying.

Yet they had no issue with placing the LSU band in the nosebleeds, in the direct sun? Or shutting down the air conditioning in LSU's locker room? Whiners....

Honorable mention for the Whiner Award would have to go to Alabama and Saban. Whining about playing a day game due to heat? You are in Alabama! It gets hot there! Don't play football in the South if you cant handle the heat then.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27581049/alabama-not-happy-start-due-heat

Yet they had no issue with placing the LSU band in the nosebleeds, in the direct sun? Or shutting down the air conditioning in LSU's locker room? Whiners....

Honorable mention for the Whiner Award would have to go to Alabama and Saban. Whining about playing a day game due to heat? You are in Alabama! It gets hot there! Don't play football in the South if you cant handle the heat then.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27581049/alabama-not-happy-start-due-heat

More importantly, play someone worth a crap in the nonconference and you'll get a primetime TV slot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back