• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And now Kelly to LSU…

Got to be the money ($12 MM per is a a lot), or maybe the conference affiliation. But this year was supposed to be a building year for ND so don't see him going before reaping the benefits of that team building. But who knows.

Does his personality play in Baton Rouge? Can he be a good old boy and recruit the South?

I don't know, I'm asking.

He seems like a better fit for Notre Dame.

IMO it's about the money and ego. The playoff is set up where Notre Dame is almost guaranteed to be in the mix almost every year. Every coach wants to prove they can win at the highest level. That (and money) are what draw some guys to the NFL. Kelly wants to prove he can win in the toughest conference in college football, and LSU's offering him $12 million a year to try it.

Last edited:

IMO it's about the money and ego. The playoff is set up where Notre Dame is almost guaranteed to be in the mix almost every year. Every coach wants to prove they can win at the highest level. That (and money) are what draw some guys to the NFL. Kelly wants to prove he can win in the toughest conference in college football, and LSU's offering him $12 million a year to try it.

I get the motivation. I've long thought LSU was the sleeping giant that was just missing the right staff. I just don't know if Kelly's personality works there. It's a different animal.

Seems like ND would have the cash to counter. It’s free agency with the Portal and now with the Coaches. I wonder how much Mel Tuckers deal has spurred the money run?

Last edited:

This probably means Luke Fickell leaves Cincy for Notre Dame. I can't ever recall a team with an interim head coach having a chance to win the NC. Now we might have two of them in the playoff with interim head coaches.

This is craziness.
Or Urban.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back