• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And now Kelly to LSU…

Seems like ND would have the cash to counter. It’s fred agency with the Portal and now with the Coaches. I wonder how much Mel Tuckers deal has spurred the money run?

Overall, 15 coaches got fired (so far) this year. That's a CFB record. Combine that with the fact the USC and LSU jobs were open at the same time, and you get this kind of craziness. It's likely going to continue because you've got the OU and ND jobs open at the same time.

Urban's dream job?

Meyer is not leaving Jacksonville. First of all, his contract reportedly includes a $12 million buyout. That apparently scared off USC from offering him the job back in September. Secondly, ND would have to offer him more than $12 million (his current salary) just for him to listen. Lastly, Meyer hasn't failed in Jacksonville. Leaving now would be a tacit admission that he failed in the NFL. I don't see Meyer doing that.

Last edited:
This probably means Luke Fickell leaves Cincy for Notre Dame. I can't ever recall a team with an interim head coach having a chance to win the NC. Now we might have two of them in the playoff with interim head coaches.

This is craziness.
don't remember the exact circumstance but then florida state coach jumbo fisher left for texas a&m

Meyer is not leaving Jacksonville. First of all, his contract reportedly includes a $12 million buyout. That apparently scared off USC from offering him the job back in September. Secondly, ND would have to offer him more than $12 million (his current salary) just for him to listen. Lastly, Meyer hasn't failed in Jacksonville. Leaving now would be a tacit admission that he failed in the NFL. I don't see Meyer doing that.
Unless he has a variation of his "Notre Dame clause" that he's had with every contract...

Last edited:
They play one or two good teams a year two at the most and they often lose one of the two and then the rest of the teams well I’ll be polite they don’t have any wood in the wood shed

Coach Kelly text to team

BDE8CA3A-CE4D-4F02-B023-868BA8C9B4F4.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back