• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And another Michigan QB portals out........

Really? I think our losses out weigh our gains.

Yeah really

We got a starting RB with 3 years of elgibility. Said to he USC's best RB. 228 lbs with a 4,49 in the 40

An NFL caliber WR with a one year left

And a LB who may step in as a starter and at worst will play a lot with 2 years elgibility

I will take all three over what we lost

Last edited:
Yeah really

We got a starting RB with 3 years of elgibility. Said to he USC's best RB. 228 lbs with a 4,49 in the 40

And a LB who may step in as a starter and at worst will play a lot with 2 years elgibility

i think we did okay too, RR. I'll miss that WanDale guy though....

Yeah really

RB Stepp - slowed by injuries at USC. Looks good, production remains to be seen. May or may not be durable. Toure' over Robinson? Not IMO. Kolarevic - we'll see how he does in the big leagues. We added a little but I wouldn't go so far as to say we benefited greatly from the portal just yet.

i think we did okay too, RR. I'll miss that WanDale guy though....

I think we all will but the offense is moving more to what we saw against Rutgers with a power running game and tall WRs and TEs with a more vertical and less horizontal passing game

I like the shift and I am cautiously optimistic especially with our young but extremely talented OL

Last edited:

RB Stepp - slowed by injuries at USC. Looks good, production remains to be seen. May or may not be durable. Toure' over Robinson? Not IMO. Kolarevic - we'll see how he does in the big leagues. We added a little but I wouldn't go so far as to say we benefited greatly from the portal just yet.

Well we can agree to disagree and that's okay

Mills slowed by injuries and nowhere near the speed or vision of Stepp

Toure and All America receiver with 87 catches for 1487 yards from a top winning program with history in the sport.

Kolarvic will play a lot coming in from a great winning program. He is that good.

Last edited:
Well we can agree to disagree and that's okay

Mills slowed by injuries and nowhere near the speed or vision of Stepp

Toure and All America receiver with 87 catches for 1487 yards from a top winning program with history in the sport.

Kolarvic will play a lot coming in from a great winning program. He is that good.
Add that Toure had 13 trips to the endzone in 2019, and 15 for his 2 year career. WR had 5 in 2019 and 7 for his career. JD, a player many think was one of our best ever, also had 15 TDs...over his 4 year career.

Add that Toure had 13 trips to the endzone in 2019, and 15 for his 2 year career. WR had 5 in 2019 and 7 for his career. JD, a player many think was one of our best ever, also had 15 TDs...over his 4 year career.
Toure was a late bloomer, he grew,put on weight, and got faster, now where have we seen this before, and how does this usually go?
People complain those texas guys have already peaked, but heres Toure
Hes learning to play with his growth not against high schoolers,but college guys

He had 3 catches against Oregon, nothing outstanding there, but thats his out talented team vs good Oregon team, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Toure was a late bloomer, he grew,put on weight, and got faster, now where have we seen this before, and how does this usually go?
People complain those texas guys have already peaked, but heres Toure
Hes learning to play with his growth not against high schoolers,but college guys

He had 3 catches against Oregon, nothing outstanding there, but thats his out talented team vs good Oregon team, I'll take it.
Toure was the best they had, so it only makes sense Oregon could put an emphasis on stopping him. He also was shutdown by EWU and Monmouth, but somehow managed about 1,000 more receiving yards than Wandale. Even if you add in the rushing from WR, it’s still 6-700 more yards of production from Toure. And it’s a safe bet that Toure wasn’t building his stats on a ton of dink passes, which means the QB throwing to him needed at least some time for the play to develop, which could explain some of his lower productivity in certain games.

Last edited:
Wandale was our most versatile offensive threat. Think you'll ever see Toure line up in the backfield?. As far as receiving numbers go, Toure played with a QB that could get him the ball against lessor competition. I'm not saying the kid won't contribute - I hope he does - but I don't know how he can be considered a transfer portal upgrade over arguably our best player who was a transfer portal loss, and still hadn't reached his ceiling.

Toure was the best they had, so it only makes sense Oregon could put an emphasis on stopping him. He also was shutdown by EWU and Monmouth, but somehow managed about 1,000 more receiving yards than Wandale. Even if you add in the rushing from WR, it’s still 6-700 more yards of production from Toure. And it’s a safe bet that Toure wasn’t building his stats on a ton of dink passes, which means the QB throwing to him needed at least some time for the play to develop, which could explain some of his lower productivity in certain games.
He had a three hundred yd game in the playoffs.
We will get production out of him. no slacking, this is his NFL audition

Wandale was our most versatile offensive threat. Think you'll ever see Toure line up in the backfield?. As far as receiving numbers go, Toure played with a QB that could get him the ball against lessor competition. I'm not saying the kid won't contribute - I hope he does - but I don't know how he can be considered a transfer portal upgrade over arguably our best player who was a transfer portal loss, and still hadn't reached his ceiling.
No,I expect that out of Brown and Nixon, possibly a surprise guy, but no.

However, I do expect Fidone to be flexed out

Yea, Stan never caught a deep pass, nor did JD, though JDs yds per catch was almost double WRs,Stans half again as much.
So, its just this last year where AM supposedly cant throw downfield, and also without JD and Stan.
Yet we had WR.

WR was the go to guy, he also ran more than his position was meant to, and out of position due to size at rb, kids talented and a gamer, but he couldnt lift the wr room by himself, and again, undersized for a rb.
But AM had no trouble the first 2 years, with JD and Stan

We will have guys to run the ball, guys to go deep, and guys for quick hitters, over the middle, screens etc.

Last edited:
Ok, just to be clear, Wandale’s QB had a 71% completion percentage, and Toure’s had a 65%, so according to the stats, one would have figured WR had a better opportunity for receptions.

I like Wandale, but his inability to get loose even once prior to the last game of the season has me less confident than some about his ceiling.

Ok, just to be clear, Wandale’s QB had a 71% completion percentage, and Toure’s had a 65%, so according to the stats, one would have figured WR had a better opportunity for receptions.

I like Wandale, but his inability to get loose even once prior to the last game of the season has me less confident than some about his ceiling.
If we're talking stats (and I'm not going to dig in to this) but it would be interesting to know how many times Toure was targeted verses how many times Wandale was targeted, and whether or not the system Toure operated in highlighted the deep ball or short passes. It'll also be interesting to see how effective Toure might be after he gets his ribs crushed a few times going up for high passes. Again, I hope the kid does well. I hoped Manning would do well too but the hype surrounding him hasn't come to fruition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back