• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked An Oregon fan's take on the Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not as bad as some want everyone to believe, imo.
Absolutely correct. Lots of college teams would LOVE to have TA as their QB regardless of all the outrageous digs some of our own fans spew out. I'm going to support TA no matter what because he really does play the game with a lot of heart.

Last edited:

I think Riley and Langsdorf (and most coaches) would put more emphasis on completion percentage than yards per attempt. Not to mention touchdown/interception ratio.

I love Tommy and know he is our key to success this season. The 56% completion percentage will beat teams like Fresno and Wyoming but that has to improve against OU and in B1G play IMO.

I love Tommy and know he is our key to success this season. The 56% completion percentage will beat teams like Fresno and Wyoming but that has to improve against OU and in B1G play IMO.
I agree he needs to improve his completion % but it's even more important to reduce the INT's this season. Keep a healthy TD to INT ratio and I think we'll do very well in BIG.

I don't think anyone is saying TA is "bad."

I agree with the reddit guy that he is the most frustrating QB I've watched play. He's loaded with talent. Then he does something like he did at the goal line against MSU in the south end zone last year and then repeats the same thing this year in the same end zone against Wyoming.

I"m not basing my opinion on two games this year, I'm basing it on the entire body of his work as a starting QB at DONU. He does a ton of good stuff, then does stuff that makes you want to scream; that is undeniable.

By far the top comment. lol

sgriggs3 575 points 12 hours ago

Quarterback - Senior starter #4 QB Armstrong is without a doubt the most frustrating football player I've ever seen.

Apparently you missed out on the Taylor Martinez era. Lucky you.

I don't think anyone is saying TA is "bad."

I agree with the reddit guy that he is the most frustrating QB I've watched play. He's loaded with talent. Then he does something like he did at the goal line against MSU in the south end zone last year and then repeats the same thing this year in the same end zone against Wyoming.

I"m not basing my opinion on two games this year, I'm basing it on the entire body of his work as a starting QB at DONU. He does a ton of good stuff, then does stuff that makes you want to scream; that is undeniable.
At the moment I'm basing everything on what he does this season. Last season had some major changes for him along with really buying into the new system. He admitted as much that he wasn't really listening to his coaching until late in the season. Since that time we've gone 5-1 which I'll take everyday.

Bottom line we have a QB that can/will make some frustrating mistakes. I can live with those providing we they don't cost us games this season.

Good grief the kid is ranked 5th in the freaken nation in QB rating and still we have people finding fault with him. Yea it's a long season but lets let it play out and see how many games we win with TA at the helm.

With all due respect his quarterback ranking is 44th. http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

His yards per attempt is 5th. Big difference.

NU needs to hire this guy. His office will be located at 303 Tom Osborne's Basement and we'll supply him with enough booze to lobotomize an Australian rugby team. Whatever it takes to make him happy and productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back