• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked An early season look at the 2011 recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatTargeteer

Husker Immortal
10 Year Member
Hope there isn't a place for this on this thread and I missed it.

I went back through my notes from this Feburary class to see how many of the students were still with the team.

I was pretty impressed; I have 20 scholarship and 15 walk-on players taken in the class. I am only showing two students that are no longer on the team. A walk-on; Greg Milliken from Wahoo and, of course, Bubba Starling (scholarship).

Now David Sutton is not on the team but he will grey shirt in 2012.

and I have eight of the remaining 19 scholarship students playing already this year.

Is this a standard year or above average?

Last edited:

Actually CT Sutton is on full scholarship now...

Hope there isn't a place for this on this thread and I missed it.

I went back through my notes from this Feburary class to see how many of the students were still with the team.

I was pretty impressed; I have 20 scholarship and 15 walk-on players taken in the class. I am only showing two students that are no longer on the team. A walk-on; Greg Milliken from Wahoo and, of course, Bubba Starling (scholarship).

Now David Sutton is not on the team but he will grey shirt in 2012.

and I have eight of the remaining 19 scholarship students playing already this year.

Is this a standard year or above average?

Great. Have to update my notes. So is this a fairly typical recruiting class about 1/3 through their first season?

all but one still on the team after the first season begins; almost half of the incoming scholarship players on the field with one setting an NU record after the second game. (I know that is not typical, the record setting)

I didn't take such detailed notes for the earlier recruiting classes so have nothing to compare with.

so I'm seeing where Taariq Allen played last night; another red shirt gone. Now 9 scholarship players have played this year.

so I'm seeing where Taariq Allen played last night; another red shirt gone. Now 9 scholarship players have played this year.

I give that one a "Yikes." He sure looks like a man, so I hope since they're burning his red shirt he gets the opportunity to show he's a man (and not a repeat of Enunwa.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back