• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM's future

Worked out pretty well for Russell Wilson with his 1 year at Wisky. Not a clue if AM would do something like that but with todays portal you simply never know for sure.
Russell Wilson was told he wasn't going to be NC State's starting QB ... he shared snaps his final year at NC State ... prompting him to leave. No such issue/problem for 2AM.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Adrian could very well want one more chance to take Nebraska to the next level. Or he could just simply want to experience another team and part of the country -- maybe even try another position if it could boost his NFL stock. Or he could test the NFL waters next spring. Or he could decide he's done with football. Does he want to take another year of graduate classes (I have no idea)?
Another team and another part of the country? Risk not being the starting QB, walking into an entirely new situation, unfamiliar offense/coaches/teammates ... unless that team is an NC contender ... why would he do that and bluntly if you're an NC contender they've got guys just as good already on the team vying for that starting position.

Try another position? Same issues as above if going to another team. Good of a chance as any doing that at NU. Caveat being that HCSF would accept this and be all in on this move.

NFL waters? Sure, go through the evaluation process ... that can be done without leaving school. In fact he'd probably be dumb NOT to do that because at least he'd get good feedback from NFL evaluators. But serious question, do you really think he'd get a good enough evaluation to do leave for this year's draft?

Done with football? Truthfully that is the most plausible option IMO. It can be a grind but again I have to think 2AM harbors NFL aspirations. Hard to walk away from that!

Another team and another part of the country? Risk not being the starting QB, walking into an entirely new situation, unfamiliar offense/coaches/teammates ... unless that team is an NC contender ... why would he do that and bluntly if you're an NC contender they've got guys just as good already on the team vying for that starting position.

Try another position? Same issues as above if going to another team. Good of a chance as any doing that at NU. Caveat being that HCSF would accept this and be all in on this move.

NFL waters? Sure, go through the evaluation process ... that can be done without leaving school. In fact he'd probably be dumb NOT to do that because at least he'd get good feedback from NFL evaluators. But serious question, do you really think he'd get a good enough evaluation to do leave for this year's draft?

Done with football? Truthfully that is the most plausible option IMO. It can be a grind but again I have to think 2AM harbors NFL aspirations. Hard to walk away from that!

We're all just guessing and applying our own reasoning. It's Adrian's life and his decision. It won't necessarily have to make sense to us. To be certain, not every decision a football player has made seemed logical to the fan base.

I won't begin to analyze what I feel is best for Adrian or makes the most sense. As I said, I won't be surprised with whatever route he does choose -- nor will I be disappointed if it's not at Nebraska next season. It's his life, and he's given us plenty already.

I really don't understand Sam's take that he would transfer. Why on earth would he do such a thing?
Why do All Stars in the NBA go where they may have less spotlight but a chance to win championships? Winning and the glory that comes with it is still a big deal and drives most competitors. If there is a team out there that is just missing a QB, he or that team might consider the option. I would suggest that Martinez is much more respected around the league and around college football than he is in Nebraska. No doubt some mistakes in crunch time have hurt us but facts are he and almost he alone has kept us in many games and the constant pressure of needing to be the man could lead to some of that. You put him on a team with a stronger supporting cast and who knows.

This is one crazy thread. It's really too bad that some think they know better than a player what he should do. All I can say is I hope he comes back. I love the kid, I love his fire, I love his compassion for his teammates and his coaches. He's a great role model to the younger kids in this state. I also can't understand all those folks that think Frost will be gone at the end of the year. All I asked for this year was that we get better, and we have done that every week. It will eventually pay off.

Why and Where. Well that's the million dollar question. Lets start with thy why. After 4 years most in the fan base don't believe AM is pro material. OK if that is the perception why stay around? He has his college degree move on to your next phase of life. However if he wants a chance to play in the NFL he might have to go some place where he can show off his talents or lack of them better. The who? Well so far he has outplayed any of the QB's he has been up against this year. Would OU take him with what they have as back-ups? Probably not. You replace Michigan or Michigan State QB with him and they blow us out. Will another top team like Alabama or Clemson want him? Heck no.....not for 1 year. But what if he has the chance to play for a bottom 25 team? Its a huge step above what he has had for 4 years.

Now some people will try to say the reason it has been so bad the last 4 years is because of him. Well that's exactly why he takes a chance transferring. He gets a chance to tell the scouts it wasn't him. Not to mention.......there is no guarantee Frost will be here next year. My guess is Frost gone.....AM gone.
Not so fast with Clemson..

based on this kids awareness, he will transfer to iowa and accidently show up at iowa st. he seems to be a good kid, yet can not get out of his own way. i swear, if i asked him to paint my house, he would pick out the best paint, do the best job. the only problem? he would paint my neighbors house by mistake. i wish him well, but his mental lapses are way too much for me.
Nominated for worst post of the year.

Based on what most of our fans think, I doubt a 5th year here, under the same coaches and players will gain him anything
My hope would be he had a feeling of potential greatness for next year and feels like there is "unfinished business".

If I had to venture as a best guess, he is staying put. Why? He does enough things well to get drafted, likely in the 5-7 rounds. He is too slow in the delivery, looks down receivers in a system he has been in for 4 years, and his speed is awesome for college but not fast enough for the pros. Also, his durability is a huge question for the NFL.

Now lets just say he stays and has a great year next year, possibly is even part of the heisman conversation. This changes the way he is graded because even with all the metrics, a level of subjectivity goes into what is objective. He would then likely go as a third or fourth round pick, possibly higher.

based on this kids awareness, he will transfer to iowa and accidently show up at iowa st. he seems to be a good kid, yet can not get out of his own way. i swear, if i asked him to paint my house, he would pick out the best paint, do the best job. the only problem? he would paint my neighbors house by mistake. i wish him well, but his mental lapses are way too much for me.
And you would have given him your neighbors address.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back