• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM's future

Well that’s the problem in my opinion. Two things generally can be true at the same time. I get what you’re trying to say but I really try to see the whole picture. In person I’m a lot more direct about things. But it’s easier to judge my mood and what I’m saying if I’m in front of you. It’s so hard through text.
You make a good point here. And, it's especially relevant in a discussion about AM. In any given game, AM can be the solution to, and the cause of, most of our problems on Offense....

I've brought up his possible transfer twice now in the last month. Everyone keeps telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. That could be but my source seems to know what he's talking about. I'm not saying there is a rumor he is transferring. But now that a reputable source has said it I can tell you there is some behind the scenes concerns. I doubt that any of it is coming directly from AM but someone knows something that is bringing this up at a pretty high level.

I will admit I'm on the "please come back" train. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go, however.
Why would he go and go where?

Us fans can be an incessant bunch of tools but … he’s HCSF’s guy, he and SF are joined at the hip … they literally owe each other. He’s a 3-time captain as voted by his teammates. Why, if this is legit, and his teammates and coaches believe that much in him … why would he then leave?

The ONLY reason would be if Alabama or tOSU or Clemson or OU said come play for us and you will QB our NC aspiring team. And I don’t see anyone like that doing that.

Us fans can be an incessant bunch of tools but … he’s HCSF’s guy, he and SF are joined at the hip … they literally owe each other. He’s a 3-time captain as voted by his teammates. Why, if this is legit, and his teammates and coaches believe that much in him … why would he then leave?

The ONLY reason would be if Alabama or tOSU or Clemson or OU said come play for us and you will QB our NC aspiring team. And I don’t see anyone like that doing that.
I have no idea about the validity of any of the transfer talk. But, what if there was a team that needed a QB transfer because of injury, unforeseen circumstances, etc. And, that team was positioned to compete for a championship today. One that had a solid Offensive line that could protect him well and spearhead an Offense with good run-pass balance. That might be tempting to a player who has known nothing but losing for his entire career, and who wants to taste success at least one year before his career is over....

Why and Where. Well that's the million dollar question. Lets start with thy why. After 4 years most in the fan base don't believe AM is pro material. OK if that is the perception why stay around? He has his college degree move on to your next phase of life. However if he wants a chance to play in the NFL he might have to go some place where he can show off his talents or lack of them better. The who? Well so far he has outplayed any of the QB's he has been up against this year. Would OU take him with what they have as back-ups? Probably not. You replace Michigan or Michigan State QB with him and they blow us out. Will another top team like Alabama or Clemson want him? Heck no.....not for 1 year. But what if he has the chance to play for a bottom 25 team? Its a huge step above what he has had for 4 years.

Now some people will try to say the reason it has been so bad the last 4 years is because of him. Well that's exactly why he takes a chance transferring. He gets a chance to tell the scouts it wasn't him. Not to mention.......there is no guarantee Frost will be here next year. My guess is Frost gone.....AM gone.

Who knows where he would go. Why? Maybe just a change of pace. I think it would be dumb, but 4 years under the microscope here can be tough. Why did Spielman leave? Dude was guaranteed to be the all time receiver I think. Logic doesn’t always apply here. That being said, I think it would be silly to leave and I want him to stay.

As I said, there's no way that AM is anything but a long shot to make an NFL practice squad at this point.
If the NFL is his goal, he'd have to consider a transfer to a school that gives him more of a chance to improve his NFL potential...sort of like Wandale.
The question would be where? What school would offer that opportunity?
I'd prefer to see him return to Neb simply because next year's schedule provides the opportunity for a 10-win season.

I cannot see where Martinez would forego an extra year. He knows what he has here, am also basing that on that he is not ready for the NFL his overall character. NIL also helps.
Agree. Believe that if he intends to continue in his football career, he will stay at NU. One year at at a new school, under a new coach with new players will gain him nothing.

IMO, he'll be back. There's a decent amount of NIL money at stake and a chance to compete for team and individual hardware while raising his NFL profile.

If he declares for the draft (he'll get a free agent contract for sure), I'll wish him well. If he transfers, he's dead to me.

based on this kids awareness, he will transfer to iowa and accidently show up at iowa st. he seems to be a good kid, yet can not get out of his own way. i swear, if i asked him to paint my house, he would pick out the best paint, do the best job. the only problem? he would paint my neighbors house by mistake. i wish him well, but his mental lapses are way too much for me.

Agree. Believe that if he intends to continue in his football career, he will stay at NU. One year at at a new school, under a new coach with new players will gain him nothing.
Based on what most of our fans think, I doubt a 5th year here, under the same coaches and players will gain him anything

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Adrian could very well want one more chance to take Nebraska to the next level. Or he could just simply want to experience another team and part of the country -- maybe even try another position if it could boost his NFL stock. Or he could test the NFL waters next spring. Or he could decide he's done with football. Does he want to take another year of graduate classes (I have no idea)?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back