• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM's future

Who says you can’t bring them up. Has red reign told you that you couldn’t? You’ve been doing a fine job of it. Seems you are trying to control a narrative where you want to bitch about him but pissed that people argue back. I do t know but that seems to contradict your post.
I’m good with people arguing back but the same can be said for others on here. I’m done bitching. Seems no matter what I try to say or how decent I try to be some people want to fight. I believe our discussion has been fine.

Without NIL, he'd be gone for sure. But in a scenario where the team finishes strong and gets to 6 wins and AM is at or near the top of most of the Big Ten QB statistical categories, he'd enter 2022 as a Heisman contender. That could translate into some serious NIL money.
Yes, I agree, why leave the NIL money? It’s likely better than any job right out of college, unless it’s the NFL, and that looks unlikely at this point. Get a graduate degree while getting paid to play in 90,000 seat stadiums every week. Probably all the while, hanging with the hottest gals, and that’s never bad.

I don't think he's leaving this year. No reason to. He's not gonna be a qb in the NFL...yet. I think he has NFL potential as a qb, but he will need a new qb coach after leaving Nebraska. May even want to find one now to help him out. Verduzco is simply coaching him to the Frost system and not coaching him to become a better qb in all facets.

I would bet he comes back next year and does so as a serious Heisman candidate.

If things continue as they are I’d transfer. I hope he doesn’t but I wouldn’t blame him to try someplace where he could be appreciated and possibly get a real line and running game.
I don't think he will. The guy takes accountability every week. I don't see him bailing on his teammates to go to another school. And I think there are several out there that would want him.

My nightmare would be him coming back to Lincoln as a Sooner next season with the O Line and WR's and backs that OU has. He was the better QB in Norman two weeks ago.

Parish the thought!

Last edited:
I’m good with people arguing back but the same can be said for others on here. I’m done bitching. Seems no matter what I try to say or how decent I try to be some people want to fight. I believe our discussion has been fine.
You're a peacemaker, which is a great quality to have. It just doesn't work in a forum like this. My suggestion would be, instead of always saying how both sides of an issue are valid, just state what you believe and why, and leave it at that. You can do that and still be appropriate and respectful. In fact, you'd probably get better responses if you took a side and stuck to your opinion, whatever the issue is. Stand your ground, but do so respectfully. Most fans want to hear what you believe and why, and not about how you see both sides.

Last edited:
You're a peacemaker, which is a great quality to have. It just doesn't work in a forum like this. My suggestion would be, instead of always saying how both sides of an issue are valid, just state what you believe and why, and leave it at that. You can do that and still be appropriate and respectful. In fact, you'd probably get better responses if you took a side and stuck to your opinion, whatever the issue is. Stand your ground, but do so respectfully. Most fans want to hear what you believe and why, and not about how you see both sides.
Well that’s the problem in my opinion. Two things generally can be true at the same time. I get what you’re trying to say but I really try to see the whole picture. In person I’m a lot more direct about things. But it’s easier to judge my mood and what I’m saying if I’m in front of you. It’s so hard through text.

Well that’s the problem in my opinion. Two things generally can be true at the same time. I get what you’re trying to say but I really try to see the whole picture. In person I’m a lot more direct about things. But it’s easier to judge my mood and what I’m saying if I’m in front of you. It’s so hard through text.
I hear you bro. Probably everyone of us would get along great in person, but the nature of these types of forums creates tension and dislike between people who have never even met each other. We all have a little bit of keyboard warrior in us and act a certain way and say things, we wouldn't if the person was right in front of us.

Who

Who’s dismissing him? It’s a question because people on multiple forums have brought it up. As far as talking about his performance or criticism of his performance that’s normal. I don’t know what he wants to do nor do I think most of us do.
I'll bet he's not sure yet either.

I wonder if he'd more apt to stay if he wasn't getting habitually (and unfairly) bludgeoned by the fans every year.

Why is it that every other player and coach is ok to be critical of? Why can’t people bring up Adrian’s turnovers and mistakes? WTH is wrong with some of you? All of you have been critical in the past of someone on our teams. I don’t understand your logic. Is this a discussion board or just a group echo chamber? I know some of you think the board is intolerable because of negativity. The board is quickly becoming intolerable because you guys want everyone to agree. If they don’t you get snarky or have some crappy comments for them.
Bringing up his turnovers and mistakes is reasonable. Thinking we are not supremely fortunate he is a Husker, however, is unreasonable. You think the last 3 years have been bad? I submit they would've been much, much worse without him.

Last edited:
I'll bet he's not sure yet either.

I wonder if he'd more apt to stay if he wasn't getting habitually (and unfairly) bludgeoned by the fans every year.
He wasn’t very good his sophomore year and honestly most fans myself included weren’t hard on him at all. Almost everyone thought it was a sophomore slump and was still very supportive of him. Last year he again played poorly and had critical turnovers. Frost benched him because he wasn’t playing well. Yes he took a lot of criticism last season but he wasn’t very good last year. I don’t believe Frost benched him because of fan pressure as some here suggest. He fell completely off the map in college football because he had two bad seasons back to back. Yes he looks better through five games this season. I actually expect him to continue to look good this season.

Bringing up his turnovers and mistakes is reasonable. Thinking we are not supremely fortunate he is a Husker, however, is unreasonable. You think the last 3 years have been bad? I submit they would've been much, much worse without him.
His numbers from his sophomore and Junior seasons don’t support that. He’s running better this season than he did in both those previous seasons. He wasn’t busting off the runs he is now. Probably because he was hurt and overweight. His Freshman year was good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back