• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM's future

Russell Wilson was told he wasn't going to be NC State's starting QB ... he shared snaps his final year at NC State ... prompting him to leave. No such issue/problem for 2AM.
I'm very aware of why RW left NC state. Simply stating I believe playing for WI helped him get a better shot in the draft. Whose to say since we have Smothers and other QB's stacked behind AM he won't be encouraged to leave? Are the QB's now at Nebraska going to wait another year? Perhaps it's time for AM to try another program especially if we do not have a winning season?

It's going to be very interesting to watch how it all plays out.

If he decides to he will get drafted.
I have seen no draft projections stating that Adrain is in the top twenty of QB's for the 2022 draft. Are you guessing at that or are you basing it off a projection ? The 2022 draft is not an option for him. FA at best.

I think Adrian is most likely tied to SF. If SF goes he will most likely transfer to an established coaching program. Right now he needs to help SF find some wins.

AM and HCSF are not leaving at the end of this year. When GOAT announced that GRONK was joining the BUCS last year, that was like a party in my mouth. These 4 are like the 4 Horsemen--immortalized beings!

I have seen no draft projections stating that Adrain is in the top twenty of QB's for the 2022 draft. Are you guessing at that or are you basing it off a projection ? The 2022 draft is not an option for him. FA at best.
He is going to do well at the combine when the time comes. You don’t have to believe me but yes he will get drafted.

I'm very aware of why RW left NC state. Simply stating I believe playing for WI helped him get a better shot in the draft. Whose to say since we have Smothers and other QB's stacked behind AM he won't be encouraged to leave? Are the QB's now at Nebraska going to wait another year? Perhaps it's time for AM to try another program especially if we do not have a winning season?

It's going to be very interesting to watch how it all plays out.
I was just going to make a post about this (bolded above) but decided to piggyback on your post. Per bolded, IMO, if AM stays ( I hope he does but won't be disappointed if he leaves, he has done more than enough for Nebraska), Smothers hits the portal, unless he has himself a really sweet NIL deal. And I for one really like Smothers potential. So we could basically have AM back for another year when the schedule is a bit kinder, and, coupled with all the other returning starters next year, could be a special season. But we would then have a brand new QB in 2023 and probably no Smothers but a very inexperienced Haarberg or Masker/new QB recruit, whoever.

Again, I would like to see AM back, Smothers stay (both with great NIL deals) and see what unfolds.

I don't, I never felt that LM had better mechanics. Dude threw lame ducks.

C
So, do you have credentials that would help us understand your analysis and conclusions? You don’t need them to have an opinion. But if you do have coaching credentials, it might give your opinion more credence.

I think LS has shown promise late in games when it didn’t matter against lesser opponents. But we haven’t seen what happens against the big boys. Does he have the intangible ability to make something happen when the line breaks down, the way AM does? Is he better than AM at the mental part of the game?

I hope LS is all you say. But if AM comes back, I don’t see him displacing a four year starter regardless of good his throwing motion is unless AM loses interest in the game due to the money he will likely be making.

Last edited:
So, do you have credentials that would help us understand your analysis and conclusions? You don’t need them to have an opinion. But if you do have coaching credentials, it might give your opinion more credence.

I think LS has shown promise late in games when it didn’t matter against lesser opponents. But we haven’t seen what happens against the big boys. Does he have the intangible ability to make something happen when the line breaks down, the way AM does? Is he better than AM at the mental part of the game?

I hope LS is all you say. But if AM comes back, I don’t see him displacing a four year starter regardless of good his throwing motion is unless AM loses interest in the game due to the money he will likely be making.

Well my post was a few weeks ago and AM has looked very different the last two games but at this point I no longer care if he returns or goes or who the starter ends up being next year.

C

I don't, I never felt that LM had better mechanics. Dude threw lame ducks.

C
What concerns me is comments made by the staff that Luke was the future. I’m not sure what that says about Smothers. Either we can’t judge talent, it was not necessarily true, or Smothers at least at that time wasn’t very good. I’ve seen several posters saying they are very high on him but I really haven’t seen enough to ease my concerns if AM doesn’t come back next year.

My other curiosity will be ... let's say AM does decide to return for another year under center at Nebraska ... will someone -- maybe Smothers -- decide to transfer elsewhere?

I didn't go through the entire thread, but does someone have the link to wherever Sam made this claim about a possible transfer?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back