• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

American Exports: Gomez revels in unforgettable season

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Herc I have always liked....a really nice guy to boot....

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – Herculez Gomez is still on cloud nine, less than 24 hours after a day he will never forget.

Not only did his Santos Laguna team get crowned Mexico Primera División champions, but Gomez received a long-awaited recall to the US national team for the first time since August 2010.

“It kind of validated the season,â€￾ Gomez told MLSsoccer.com by phone on Monday afternoon. “I knew I was having a good season, but to finally get that call-up was special.â€￾
This marks the first time Jurgen Klinsmann has called up the popular player into a squad. The two forwards briefly crossed paths when Gomez was a youngster with the LA Galaxy and Klinsmann was working as an unofficial advisor to the club.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/05/21/american-exports-gomez-revels-unforgettable-season

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back