• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ambient Music Anyone?

Cool! I've been finding other ones too....
Mitch Murder
Daniel Deluxe
The Midnight

And this isn't a new one, I neglected to mention them earlier.... Carpenter Brut.

These are all great to listen to as well! A synth metal band called The Mantle released a great instrumental album in 2017. Kenny Gs son shreds on the guitar. I like Satriani to relax to for something upbeat, or even some Jaco Pastorias to mix it up. Lots of good stuff mentioned in this thread!

These are all great to listen to as well! A synth metal band called The Mantle released a great instrumental album in 2017. Kenny Gs son shreds on the guitar. I like Satriani to relax to for something upbeat, or even some Jaco Pastorias to mix it up. Lots of good stuff mentioned in this thread!
A friend of mine is a huge Jaco fan.

3970xRocks

3970xRocks 1 year ago (edited)

Find a dark room - somewhere you can be alone. Listen to this with some reasonable quality headphones. Close your eyes. Hear the different layers of music coming and going, concentrate on each instrument as they coalesce and form rhythms and beats that carry you away - sway your head in rhythm with the music and exclude all other thoughts from your mind. Just the music, just the rhythm. Enter into an almost trance-like state with the music totally taking over who you are, everything around you. If you are completely absorbed by the music, maybe you will smile or laugh at just how good this is. This isn't just music - this is a place where you can go, somewhere you can lose yourself and forget your troubles. This is utterly mesmerising. Love it!

Now that I have rejoined, I can add to this. I have been listening to ambient/new age/space music since its beginnings in the early 70's. Here are some not to be missed:

Brian Eno - No discussion of ambient music can be had without mentioning this pioneer. Discreet Music, Ambient 1: Music for Airports, Ambient 4: On Land, Apollo, Music for Films, etc. Also check out his work with Cluster and his solo albums Another Green World and Before and After Science.

Klaus Schulze - was originally in Tangerine Dream. Another pioneer, any of his first 10 albums are incredible. His soundtrack to Body Love is one of my favorites.

Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding is one of the best albums of the Space Music genre ever made.

Steven Roach - Another with too many to list.

Daevid Allen (see avatar) - founder of Gong. His meditative albums are another great vein to be mined. The Seven Drones, 22 Meanings, Self Initiation and the Sacred Geometry albums are all top shelf.

Last edited:
This is the entire album, I've been listening to it for 35 years now, never ceases to amaze. Enjoy the journey.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back