• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ambient Music Anyone?

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Here I sit, broken hearted...
5 Year Member
Anyone else into this? It could be an expansive topic, but mainly, I'm focused on the techno or droning kind for this discussion.

Example: Tangerine Dream (and offshoot artists like Edgar Frosse, Klaus Schulze, etc.)
Solar Fields
Galaxy <-- just discovered 04/09/2019
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Space One

Dance With the Dead
Lazerhawk
Dynatron

Just seeing if anyone else is into this kind of music.

I think David Torn is a genius. I love early krautrock. I also love drone-y doom like Sunn O))).

Last edited:

Tangerine Dream goes back to when I was a young punk. Jan Hammer and Mahavishnu are also old school but maybe not as "drony"...but possible influence for what you are talking about.
Anyone else into this? It could be an expansive topic, but mainly, I'm focused on the techno or droning kind for this discussion.

Example: Tangerine Dream (and offshoot artists like Edgar Frosse, Klaus Schulze, etc.)
Solar Fields
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Space One

Dance With the Dead
Lazerhawk
Dynatron

Well I just had an education listening to some of these. I think of the five or six I listened to, probably Ozrick Tentalces was the one that appealed to me most. But I doubt that I will choose any of them as my go to. somehow I get the feeling that you must have an accompaniment with these.

Solar Fields
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Space One

Dance With the Dead
Lazerhawk
Dynatron

It's not "music' as such but I listen to this when my tinnitus gets worse and some of the combinations are quite catchy:

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/neuromodulationTonesGenerator.php

Solar Fields
Quaeschning & Schnauss
Space One

Dance With the Dead
Lazerhawk
Dynatron

My go to ambient music is saxophone driven smooth Jazz. Anything Boney James. I prefer the saxophone (alto, tenor, soprano) over synthesizers. For reasons that escape my understanding, when I listen to synthesizer/electronic driven music/melodies I get sleepy. If the music is driven by a saxophone I get extremely relaxed but my mind stays alert. On long road trips with kids pushing buttons, I'll put on the Boney James - Ride cd and my wife just looks at me and smiles as we know the kids will be silent in minutes. It is really crazy how that seems to work for us.

Having said that I did enjoy listening to the artists shared by you and others on this OP. I think I would enjoy this music more when working outside in the garage and not sedentary.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back