• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Amazing kinds of sports on TV

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I'm amazed at the number and kinds of sports are shown briefly on TV. I saw a pogo stick contest with these contestants doing flips and spins and a lot of freestyle amazing things. I watched parts of the commonwealth games and was reintrouced to sports that no one here ever plays. They have made Tag into a network show I believe.

Frankly I like watching the slim fare they give us of these different games, including different ways to play three on three basketball, lawn bowliing, cricket, or mens or womens lacrosse or field hockey or power lifting or even darts.

It sure is better than watching old SEC or ACC games, or curling or cornhole. And it's a lot more real than watching talking heads tell me who will be the first draft choices in next years professional drafts, or who should win college football awards at the end of the season that has not yet been played.

I'm amazed at the number and kinds of sports are shown briefly on TV. I saw a pogo stick contest with these contestants doing flips and spins and a lot of freestyle amazing things. I watched parts of the commonwealth games and was reintrouced to sports that no one here ever plays. They have made Tag into a network show I believe.

Frankly I like watching the slim fare they give us of these different games, including different ways to play three on three basketball, lawn bowliing, cricket, or mens or womens lacrosse or field hockey or power lifting or even darts.

It sure is better than watching old SEC or ACC games, or curling or cornhole. And it's a lot more real than watching talking heads tell me who will be the first draft choices in next years professional drafts, or who should win college football awards at the end of the season that has not yet been played.
Everyone once in a while (during the pandemic) ESPN2 had a day where they branded themselves as ESPN8 The Ocho, which is playing off a joke from Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. I got to where I recorded them, because I enjoyed what was on there a hell of a lot more than watching cornhole.

There were things like lightsaber fighting, Slippery Stairs (I can't describe it), and some kind of marbles olympics. But my favorite was the pair of events: combat juggling and dodgeball juggling. Those guys were incredible.

Combat juggling (look it up on Youtube) is basically, you have to keep juggling your pins and cause your opponent to drop one. If you throw your other pins really high, you can grab a remaining one and use it to bash your opponent (or knock his pins). As long as you catch your others when they come back down, you're still good to go.

In the dodgeball variant, you win by making the juggler in the back drop a pin (or hitting him) just like regular dodgeball. The rest of the team is trying to protect their juggler.

After watching, I actually looked up when and where the next year's event would be, and the entry fee was like $50 for a team.

Last edited:

I enjoy watching some random sports every now and then.

But not golf.

Golf is boring to play, boring to attend, boring to watch, and if that entire sport died i wouldn't shed a tear.
Ducktown,
televised golf is actually a great way to spend a weekend afternoon - whether you play or not. Perhaps you aren’t old enough yet to appreciate it, but believe me, you will come around eventually! Just learn to love it…

Ducktown,
televised golf is actually a great way to spend a weekend afternoon - whether you play or not. Perhaps you aren’t old enough yet to appreciate it, but believe me, you will come around eventually! Just learn to love it…

0.0% chance.

If I have that kind of downtime I'd rather take a nap or watch a movie. Honestly, I'd rather mow or rake leaves than watch golf.

It's not an age thing either. I'm almost 40, so it's not like I don't appreciate mildly athletic recreational sports.

I get that people like it, but it's not for me. You'd have better luck serving porkchops to a rabbi.

Last edited:
Ducktown,
NO, NO IT'S NOT! If you are spending your whole weekend watching golf on TV, man, you lead a boring azz life. This cracks me up though, because I know people who'd rather do nothing else but watch golf on TV. Weird.
0.0% chance.

If I have that kind of downtime I'd rather take a nap or watch a movie. Honestly, I'd rather mow or rake leaves than watch golf.

It's not an age thing either. I'm almost 40, so it's not like I don't appreciate mildly athletic recreational sports.

I get that people like it, but it's not for me. You'd have better luck serving porkchops to a rabbi.
I hiked over 25 miles the past two weeks on my weekend and I loved every damn second of it. Golf, hahahaha, I'm with ya here DTH. Golf on TV is a good way to put me to sleep, it's so freaking boring to watch, and it fact, it's about 1% more interesting to me than women's NBA. LOL

0.0% chance.

Don't you usually take a nap if Golf is on?

0.0% chance.

I love this reply! I don’t spend any entire weekend watching golf on television, but do enjoy the occasional afternoon watching - especially when the weather is not conducive to outdoor activities. Even better when it’s the Master’s or another major tournament. Having a little money on it doesn’t hurt, either. But with all due respect, I have two decades on you. Let me know what you think about it in twenty years or so!

I enjoy watching some random sports every now and then.

But not golf.

Golf is boring to play, boring to attend, boring to watch, and if that entire sport died i wouldn't shed a tear.
I rarely watched golf on TV or in person until I took up the game. Once you know the game, to watch the pros do it, you can really appreciate the shot execution and creativity. It's kind of like baseball, those who never played it generally find it boring, those who played the game and understand the plays and the strategy will be interested through a 9 inning 1-0 game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back