• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AM isn't the problem

HuskerSoup

Recruit
10 Year Member
This isn't an OMG thread just facts. AM isn't our problem so far. Actually the one factor that has kept us respectable so far. Defense, we are EXTREMELY improved, no problem there. Special Teams, we have a HUGE problem. Needs to be fixed ASAP or we are doomed to achieve our goals. OL is a HUGE problem. Tired of the same old same old "we are young we will get better" mantra. The time is now to fix this stuff or we will not have great success going forward. This team is good enough to win games but if we don't clean up OL and ST we are doomed gain.

Agreed. Our OL is starting to make small steps of progress. Will take a while to gel as much as I would like, but progress taking on a quality defense. SEC lines are going to eat OU up if they don't get bigger on D line.

He isn't the problem, he is the solution. 2AM is playing at a high level. His pick wasn't bad and at least he gave someone a chance. Toure was a little deep and wish AM would have given him the opportunity, but not a big deal.

Wish he would have done the same at the end and at least give someone a chance or draw a PI instead of taking a sack, but without him, we get shut out today. A less mobile QB would have been on the ground in the backfield for a record number of sacks.

AM is sctually playing very well. You can see how having multiple decent receivers plus something of a running game makes him look a lot better. All of a sudden his running isn't our only offense.

Not there yet, but OL was clearly improved today. Notwistanding the penalties.

Special teams - WTH? How can this still be the problem it is? In particular, having no ability to convert a field goal is a sinister combination with having a weak red zone offense. That alone will likely keep us from 6 wins.

Last edited:
I've been critical of AM before but I have to give him his due - he carries the team. And he looked pretty dang good today. The Huskers hung tough with the #3 team in all the land today, and if not for our kicking game, might just have pulled off the win. Hope this game was a confidence builder and we don't puke on our shoes next week against another tough opponent.

Agreed. Our OL is starting to make small steps of progress. Will take a while to gel as much as I would like, but progress taking on a quality defense. SEC lines are going to eat OU up if they don't get bigger on D line.
I couldn’t disagree more concerning the O line. They look dazed and confused out there. The entire running back room had barely 100 yards rushing against Buffalo. Today we averaged something like 2.7 yards a carry. That’s not progress.

I would add one other thing ( and it is not a small thing) he just absolutely gets his receivers killed . He continuously throws to spots and leads receivers into positions that lead to injuries.

The OL coaching/scheme sucks. The OL is good for a minimum of 3 drive killing penalties a game.

I would add one other thing ( and it is not a small thing) he just absolutely gets his receivers killed . He continuously throws to spots and leads receivers into positions that lead to injuries.
There was somebody who went up high on a long pass and he did get drilled. But he hung onto the ball! I wish that would get better too. We might have scored TDS on a few better thrown balls.

The one complaint of AM ( I agree he played well) his situational awareness in that last minute was ridiculous. No sense of urgency or forcing a throw downfield. It was if he felt he had 5 minutes and 3 timeouts.

We took over at our 17 yard line with no time outs left and 57 seconds left in the game. We struggled to move the ball for large chunks of the game under normal circumstances. Did you honestly believe we were going to go 83 yards, score a TD, and kick an EP in that situation?

If someone was open downfield I'm pretty certain AM would've thrown it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back