• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Altidore scores twice in AZ draw now has 17 goals on the season (Video)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Jozy having a banner year in Holland...league known for 'blooding' young players...

Video here: http://www.footreview.net/home/viewvideo/2922/eredivisie-netherlands/az-2-2-fc-twente

Altidore scored both of AZ Alkmaar's goals in a 2-2 draw with FC Twente on Wednesday. He tallied in the third minute, heading home a corner kick (and getting away with a pushoff, to be fair) to give AZ the early lead. Twente levelled the score later in the half, but Altidore struck for the go-ahead goal in the 71st minute, working a give-and-go with Adam Maher, taking a touch to elude a centerback in the box and clinically finishing low and to the corner to cement his fifth multi-goal game of the season.

For Altidore, he now has 17 goals in all competitions and 13 in league play, which ties him for seventh-most in the Eredivisie

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/04/altidore-scores-twice-in-az-draw.html

What is sad is your probably right....

With Jozy, Dempsey, Bradley, Beckerman and Howard in the form they are right now we better qualify for the World Cup or Klinsy will hace some explaining to do....

He gets Red Carded in CONCACAf for that 1st goal :stickouttongue::lol:

What is sad is your probably right....

With Jozy, Dempsey, Bradley, Beckerman and Howard in the form they are right now we better qualify for the World Cup or Klinsy will hace some explaining to do....

I know you're not a big fan of Klinsman, but a monkey could be the men's coach, and the US would still qualify with no problem for the World Cup.

I'm not so sure....and no I'm not of fan of Klinmsman....

The USMNT will still have to show up and play games, but it's almost impossible for them to not qualify for the WC out of CONCACAF with the top 3 getting auto bids, and the 4th having that play-in chance. Now, if it mattered where team USA qualified, in terms of what pot they were in, when it came to the WC selection, then I'd be worried. However, FIFA will never put team USA in pot #1.

With the new CONCACAF rules which pretty much hand a bid to the USA and Mexico I would agree for the most part....then again so did the Olympic qualifying....

No FIFA won't...it has its sacred cow teams that get taken care of and the only way we get in is to break the door down...

The USMNT will still have to show up and play games, but it's almost impossible for them to not qualify for the WC out of CONCACAF with the top 3 getting auto bids, and the 4th having that play-in chance. Now, if it mattered where team USA qualified, in terms of what pot they were in, when it came to the WC selection, then I'd be worried. However, FIFA will never put team USA in pot #1.

With the new CONCACAF rules which pretty much hand a bid to the USA and Mexico I would agree for the most part....then again so did the Olympic qualifying....

No FIFA won't...it has its sacred cow teams that get taken care of and the only way we get in is to break the door down...

I was much more nervous about the Olympic qualifying, because it all came down to 1 game for every team. WC qualifying allows for the possibility to pad yourself a little bit of room over a number of months. Still no excuse for the US team to bow out like they did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back