• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniforms Released: Going With Blackshirt Theme

Under A can essentially kiss my grits and I'll tell you why. I had this just awesome hiking/GPS app on my phone, and one day it didn't work, I was having probs with my phone and just figured that that was the problem. After hiking(sometime last year) I got home and tried to figure out what was wrong. Low and behold, UA bought the app Endomondo and locked me out of my app. To regain access to all my stats, all my hikes, times, etc. etc. UA now wanted access to every thing on my phone. Including all my contacts info, my front and back camera, my mic, all my pics, all my other apps, everything.

Before then, Endomondo didn't require all that, just my gps location and my phone number. When I tried to contact UA, and sent them an email with my concerns, they never got back to me, they don't give a crap they just want all my info. EFF UA, I have permanently boycotted those asssholes and I hope to high heaven that Nebraska NEVER, EVER, uses that craptastic shittbag company.
Sorry that happened. I don't consider it a reason to boycott an entire company though. :Biggrin:

Sorry that happened. I don't consider it a reason to boycott an entire company though. :Biggrin:
I do, I consider it similar to face book in that it's a great concept, awesome idea, but why do they need to know everything? They can suck it as a free market company as far as I am concerned. I'm hoping that they continue to shrink in market value. Harsh, maybe, but not near as harsh as how they treated unsuspecting customers that didn't even know they were suddenly under armor customers.

I do, I consider it similar to face book in that it's a great concept, awesome idea, but why do they need to know everything? They can suck it as a free market company as far as I am concerned. I'm hoping that they continue to shrink in market value. Harsh, maybe, but not near as harsh as how they treated unsuspecting customers that didn't even know they were suddenly under armor customers.
Unfortunately that's just the times we live in. It's probably happening with more than you are even aware. I don't like it either, but not sure there's much that can be done. :confused:

Unfortunately that's just the times we live in. It's probably happening with more than you are even aware. I don't like it either, but not sure there's much that can be done. :confused:
I hear ya, but the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to get back to me at all. I mean ZERO customer service, ZERO! I had the app on my phone for about 2 years, when UA bought it, and locked me out. They are a shady company as far as I can tell and am concerned.

I hear that. I'm not sure Adidas has the visionaries in that dept that Nike and UA do. Personally, I'd love to see us switch to UA, but we are under contract with Adidas for quite a while now.
I think UA tries way too hard to be different. md and NWU are just awful.

Rather than this uniform, I'd prefer letting every player choose his own uniform to wear in whatever colors he wanted. Now that would be something I'd pay to see. And it would be just as much a Nebraska look as these. These look like South Carolina or Cincinnati.

That would be... a polyform?

Not a uniform.

I wasn't really addressing this from a sneaker standpoint. That's a small part of the entire uniform. In my experience, UA has much better clothing/apparel than Adidas. Their R&D is much further ahead of the curve than Adidas. The UA alternate uniforms I've seen in cfb by UA have been outstanding and better than anything I've seen Adidas put out. I don't wear Nike, Adidas, or UA sneakers because I think all 3 are junk in the sports that I wear athletic shoes for. Again though, this was a thread about uniforms as a whole, not sneakers, so my comment was directed at that aspect.

Sneakers are what matter to the kids. The garments themselves are largely commodities. The difference is brand and marketing. When the kids spot Coach Frost wearing Yeezys, it's got cool factor. UA is a dad brand.

UA also only has a handful of high profile P5 schools in its portfolio, notably Notre Dame. If UA has done something special or exciting for them, I haven't seen it.

Sneakers are what matter to the kids. The garments themselves are largely commodities. The difference is brand and marketing. When the kids spot Coach Frost wearing Yeezys, it's got cool factor. UA is a dad brand.

UA also only has a handful of high profile P5 schools in its portfolio, notably Notre Dame. If UA has done something special or exciting for them, I haven't seen it.
Yeah, I disagree. I see UA apparel on all the young kids. I have 4 kids and UA is all they ask for. When all their friends are together it's like a UA conference :Biggrin: Frost wears Yeezys because that's who our contract is with. Would be the same if the contract was with another company. Think about this, when we introduce our alternate unis every year, is the focus on the shoes or the uniform?

Anyway, it's all personal preference. Adidas just has never done anything for me. The quality of their apparel is subpar to Nike and UA. Shoes certainly drive the normal market, but we are talking team uniforms here. That's where my comments were directed.

Yeah, I disagree. I see UA apparel on all the young kids. I have 4 kids and UA is all they ask for. When all their friends are together it's like a UA conference :Biggrin: Frost wears Yeezys because that's who our contract is with. Would be the same if the contract was with another company. Think about this, when we introduce our alternate unis every year, is the focus on the shoes or the uniform?

Anyway, it's all personal preference. Adidas just has never done anything for me. The quality of their apparel is subpar to Nike and UA. Shoes certainly drive the normal market, but we are talking team uniforms here. That's where my comments were directed.
That's interesting. I worked at an Omaha metro high school this past year and didn't see much if any UA gear compared to Nike and Adidas. That's only one school, and I don't know where you live, so it may just vary from place to place.

I agree that Frost wearing Yeezy's has everything to do with the contract, but it also catches the eye of recruits. Simply because they are what $300? teens are obsessed with them from what I've gathered. I think they're ugly but oh well. The Boost shoes are insanely popular as well.

As far as uniforms, I've seen mixed results with all brands. Northwestern's are some of the ugliest non-alternative jerseys out there IMO. They are kind of bland and tacky at the same time with that odd horizontal stripe configuration, again JMO. Some of South Carolina's version have been bad, but the throwbacks for this year are pretty sweet looking.

Adidas is becoming the cool apparel company for high school and college aged kids. Adidas controls soccer and other world wide sports. My daughter is 19 and says that people her age prefer Adidas. I remember when I was a kid and Starter apparel was cool to have. Starter is now sold at Walmart and UA is becoming the 21st Century Starter brand.

Adidas is becoming the cool apparel company for high school and college aged kids. Adidas controls soccer and other world wide sports. My daughter is 19 and says that people her age prefer Adidas. I remember when I was a kid and Starter apparel was cool to have. Starter is now sold at Walmart and UA is becoming the 21st Century Starter brand.
Bro. Starter has NEVER been cool. :Biggrin::Biggrin:;)

I will go part way with you. UA makes the coolest looking cleats. When they did the 3 state based cleats all the kids in MD bought the MD ones. (no not all but you get my point.) However on apparel they used to be the top. Now even in MD where UA started I don't see kids wearing their apparel.

For the record Scott does not wear Yeezys just because they are Adidas. They are Kanyes designed shoes. That is pretty high on the teenage fashion scale. Partly because of who Kanye is on his own and partly because of who he is married to.
Also outside of football I really do not see anyone wearing their shoes. BBall, soccer, etc. I see no one wearing them. Still pretty much a two man race in sports apparel. Nike has a sizable lead followed by adidas. The others have niche markets. New Balance baseball, UA football, Puma tennis and a little soccer.

I actually see Adidas or Nike buying UA in the next ten years.

I will go part way with you. UA makes the coolest looking cleats. When they did the 3 state based cleats all the kids in MD bought the MD ones. (no not all but you get my point.) However on apparel they used to be the top. Now even in MD where UA started I don't see kids wearing their apparel.

For the record Scott does not wear Yeezys just because they are Adidas. They are Kanyes designed shoes. That is pretty high on the teenage fashion scale. Partly because of who Kanye is on his own and partly because of who he is married to.
Also outside of football I really do not see anyone wearing their shoes. BBall, soccer, etc. I see no one wearing them. Still pretty much a two man race in sports apparel. Nike has a sizable lead followed by adidas. The others have niche markets. New Balance baseball, UA football, Puma tennis and a little soccer.

I actually see Adidas or Nike buying UA in the next ten years.

Did Scott wear Yeezy's while at UCF?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back