• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniforms Released: Going With Blackshirt Theme

As a not blue hair I still say puke. Can’t say I’m surprised though. The best we can do for an alternate is replace our school color. Lazy. But it’s certainly the trend and isn’t going anywhere. Just hope we rarely see this.
I'm someone who prefers our classic look, but people like you and me a dying breed.

If the results on the field resemble the Huskers I grew up watching, they can wear whatever the hell they want. I truly hope that our biggest bbs arguments in the future revolve around uniforms.

Shoes are definitely adidas’ 2019 adizeros. I don’t like it. I’m a fan of alternates but these are lame. I’m in favor of black alternates, but not these. Underwhelming is the best way to describe thes. Hopefully this is one of a couple options that were floated and the team chose to go a different route. Who leaked this anyway?

Shoes are definitely adidas’ 2019 adizeros. I don’t like it. I’m a fan of alternates but these are lame. I’m in favor of black alternates, but not these. Underwhelming is the best way to describe thes. Hopefully this is one of a couple options that were floated and the team chose to go a different route. Who leaked this anyway?
Rather than assigning a predetermined style for the team, I wish Adidas would provide at least 3 prototype uniforms and let the players vote for their favorite. At least then we would know the players selected their favorite.

Also, UNL has a very good design program and it would be cool if they had a contest for design students to submit a uniform project and allow Adidas officials to pick their favorite to be included in the 3. They could give that student a scholarship of some sort, maybe $1000 or something, or an internship option. That student could add that to their resume which would go a long ways, and it makes for a cool story if the players decide to select it. Win, win, win. Maybe I'm just overthinking it all.

Last edited:
Glad to see so many of you getting in touch with your inner Marc Jacobs.

322E9CE5-316E-46A9-BEEB-6199C6CFD0CC.jpeg

I just hope they're listening to Mom and changing their underwear as well ...... especially on the road !

I heard Murtha didnt chage or wash his andcended up with a bacterial skin infection, so theres that. Now they have three to choose from.

As a not blue hair I still say puke. Can’t say I’m surprised though. The best we can do for an alternate is replace our school color. Lazy. But it’s certainly the trend and isn’t going anywhere. Just hope we rarely see this.
Well, I am a blue hair, and I don't like the colors either. They look almost identical to my junior high jerseys from back in the 60s. There is a reason that very few teams have black and white as their team colors. That color combination is BORING. Our regular uniforms look much better.

as long as they play like superman underneath, could care less what they disguise thereselves with

Adidas and the NU powers-that-be who make this decision are in a no-win situation. It's the same as trying to pick new music for the tunnel walk. Best-case, half the fanbase likes it and the other half whinges, We've got a lot of whingers.

Yep no-win is correct. I'm ok with change and so is NU. We have had plenty of change from the 60's to current. Not all of it good, but I'm fine with it.

Official University colors (note that black isn't even an accent color)
The sooner y'all realize alt unis are just designed to suck money out of your billfold, the better.

Oh I didn't realize that it was against the law to add school colors.

You do realize that alternate uniforms have nothing to do with us as fans right? Sure, they sell them and fans buy them but the whole reason this started was because Oregon started doing it and the kids apparently like that, so schools have started doing the same. It's called adapting to the times and not getting left behind.

I'm sick of this fear of change people apparently have. This isn't 1995 anymore, we can't get by on our name alone. We have to change and adapt. And if adapting means having a 3rd team color that is black, which is an obvious nod to the blackshirts, then so be it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back