• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Ending (movies)

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
1986 release - Happy ending
2012 - Ugly ending. Test audiences did not react positively to it.

1986 and 2012 are the same film except alternate ending. I totally enjoyed happy version.

What movie? (guess)

Last edited:

Little Shop of Horrors
that's right.

Horror comedy musical film. Special appearances by Jim Belushi, John Candy, Steve Martin (dentist :Lol: ) and Bill Murray. Audrey II plant (voice) ...... Levi Stubbs of The Four Tops.

1986 .... Audrey and Seymour, married and happy ending.

2012 .... Audrey and Seymour are eaten by Audrey II alien plant. And plant buds conquered earth. Kinda like COVID-19 creatures ;).

Last edited:
That sounds right
But I didn't realize it was re-released in 2012
1984 ... happy ending wedding scene. Audrey II alien plant was killed by Seymour (electric shock) and rescued Audrey life.

In 2012, the full color ending finally saw the light of day on the Blu-Ray release of the film.

In the alternate ending, after Audrey II has dispatched Audrey and Seymour, and the camera has lingered on the expired floral assistant’s cracked glasses, a single bass note sounds on a piano, and the girl-group Greek Chorus of Crystal, Ronette, and Chiffon emerge in front of an American flag to sing lyrics that mimic the dry, newsreel parlance of a B-movie epilogue:

Audrey II plantlings fly off shelves, with customers crowding cash registers and stuffing trolleys full of the little beasts. Soon, humongous Audrey IIs terrorize New York, sending cabs and debris flying, plowing through buildings, sitting atop the Brooklyn Bridge, pursuing the screaming and scattering masses. Impervious to army gunfire, a pair of Audrey IIs mount the Statue Of Liberty.

I can't find full 2012 movie (online) .... only partial link. Mark 4:30, changed to ending scenes

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back