• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Almond Crusted Pork Chop

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
3 cups almonds- Smoked or seasoned for fun. I am going to try the wasabi flavored next time.
1 clove garlic
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Seasoned Salt
Cajun seasoning/pork rub. Whichever you prefer.

2 BIG FAT PORK CHOPS

Throw the garlic and the almonds in the food processor and grind down to a nice paste. Making sure that it is still grainy, not a butter. Shove aside.

Rub your chops with the seasoned salt and the Cajun seasoning. Let them rest as they may be a little hot and bothered.

Spread the almond garlic paste on top. Now I used the wife's panini maker for this, but I could have easily grilled them on the top rack of the grill on a medium heat as well.

Once you are really close to the chops being done, spread the parmesan cheese on top to get the bubble up.

Now go eat.

Last edited:

This sounds awesome! I have tried garlic in a crust before, but found that it became bitter when searing (I seared the chicken I put it on, and the garlic burned a bit). Did you have that problem when you cooked them, or did you skip the sear and it didn't burn?

The almond paste kept things pretty even. I think it had enough moisture in it to keep the garlic palletable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back