• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ally Batenhorst enters portal

djlhuskerfan

Varsity
15 Year Member
There was rumors about this and makes sense with the Landfair commitment! It was posted by Lincoln journalstar and I couldn't post the link. Didn't see on twitter

1000001633.jpg

Last edited:

Ally B and Becka were my favorites. Very sad day.

No way would I take Landfair over Ally. Yes Landfair may be a better player at times, but I’m scared we’ll find she is a cancer to the program.

There was talk that she was going to be asked to play middle, maybe that wasn't her favorite Idea.

"There was talk that she was going to be asked to play middle, maybe that wasn't her favorite Idea."

That was mentioned and Cook said in two or three interviews what an excellent blocker she was, so maybe that played into this decision. Does Pierce have the potential to be a six rotation player...I guess this is a question for Lincoln or anyone else.

Good luck to Ally, I too am sad to see her go, but Pierce is the real deal. What I really hoped for in the portal was a DS who could both handle and deliver serves at the level of Kenzie Knuckles.

Good luck to Ally, I too am sad to see her go, but Pierce is the real deal. What I really hoped for in the portal was a DS who could both handle and deliver serves at the level of Kenzie Knuckles.
Best wishes for Ally. I really enjoyed her all 3 years, especially her out of system hits. Her farewell message seems heartfelt and confirms what a great teammate she has been.
(I hope that Murray, Krause and Landfair all are at the top of their games in 2024 so Pierce can redshirt next year. Between Lexi, Laney and Mauch, NU is blessed with back row talent.)

Best wishes for Ally. I really enjoyed her all 3 years, especially her out of system hits. Her farewell message seems heartfelt and confirms what a great teammate she has been.
(I hope that Murray, Krause and Landfair all are at the top of their games in 2024 so Pierce can redshirt next year. Between Lexi, Laney and Mauch, NU is blessed with back row talent.)
I agree. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Once they announced the Landfair transfer, this was sort of inevitable. Ally wants to play, and she didn't see a path to playing time with the current makeup of the team. I hope she finds a good team and gets to play a bunch this Fall. She seems like a good kid and good teammate. I wish her the best.

Which really came first? Batenhorst having a conversation with Cook and then Cook bringing in Landfair to fill the hole? Or, Landfair brought in first, leaving Batenhorst to make a decision?

I'd like to think pursuit of Landfair was not a surprise to a team player like Batenhorst?

Yeah, she did very well this year after Krause went down, but I think she knew with the new people coming in, and Krause being back, she probably wouldn't see much playing time.

Sucks she is leaving, but 100% understood.. Good luck to her.

I hate the portal. Ally was one of my favorite, but I understand her decision. I hate to loose the team spirit that they had this year. I hope the best for her.
I couldn't agree more about the portal! Between the portal and NIL, college sports is turning into a nightmare. Whatever happened to the days of going to college for an education and being a "student athlete"?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks