• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Allison Weidner Rehabbing

Good Article in LJS (Amie Just) on Allison Weidner's Rehab.
(Sorry but it looks like it is behind a paywall and you may not be able to access it :()

Synopsis: Tore Meniscus in two places in addition to the ACL injury. About 70% recovered; but doesn't know when she'll be 100%. She will join the team on the upcoming trip to Greece; but won't be cleared to play. She is looking forward to the WBB Season this year, so expects to play.

Meanwhile Allison has been able to add a valuable contributrom the Bench:
“She really bought into the fact that people listen to her and her voice carries across our team,” Jaz Shelley told the Journal Star. “She was really good at being able to communicate with people on the floor and see things that maybe we’re not seeing.

Here is some information. Not a lot of detail; but is is stated as Season Ending. :(

Nebraska women’s basketball player Allison Weidner suffered a right leg injury in practice on Friday and is expected to miss the 2023-24 season, coach Amy Williams announced on Saturday.
The prior injury she was recovering from was to her left knee.

Of all the "unfair" and "wrong" things that life throws at people, having to rehab a knee injury two years in a row is just wrong and absolutely unfair. I feel so badly for Allsion.

I'm sure Allison will help her team this year as Coach Weidner. Next year, she'll be even more important on the court with Jaz gone.

Last edited:
(
:ph34r:
Here's a comment I saw elsewhere)

...oh by the way, Allison is looking better and better each time I see her. Outward appearance is that her recovery is going well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back