• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All-time All-America Team has 4 Huskers on first team

I love this!!!

I can't believe I had not remembered this was the same game where Alex became the hero that a minute later another of the All-Time All-Americans, N. Suh, delivered a bone-crushing pancake to Hawkins the Younger en route to a pick six. So within a minute the Huskers went from a seemingly hopeless situation about to lose by 1 to a deliciously-satisfying 9-point win.

I'll never forget the 2008 CU game. Ganz gets sacked near the end, it is 4th and 25, on the 40, and we're down 30-31. Our skinny walk-on physics (?) major Alex goes in and kicks a 57 yarder to send the sCUm slinking off TO field.

The kick was awesome... but watching Suh run over Cody Hawkins in front of daddy en route to the endzone was the most satisfying play from a Husker in a long, long time.

I can't believe I had not remembered this was the same game where Alex became the hero that a minute later another of the All-Time All-Americans, N. Suh, delivered a bone-crushing pancake to Hawkins the Younger en route to a pick six. So within a minute the Huskers went from a seemingly hopeless situation about to lose by 1 to a deliciously-satisfying 9-point win.
I still remember laughing in the face of the CO fan at the NP VFW. Guy was so smug the whole game.

Tebow is not top 5 at his position all time. And I take Bo Jackson over Hershal Walker.

I agree that Tebow was overrated on this list (very good, but not that high, IMO), but Hershal was a dominant college player and a better player during his college career. All the carries he got in the USFL and the ones Dooley gave him shortened/diminished his NFL career though...

I agree that Tebow was overrated on this list (very good, but not that high, IMO), but Hershal was a dominant college player and a better player during his college career. All the carries he got in the USFL and the ones Dooley gave him shortened/diminished his NFL career though...
Agree on Hershal but I still go with Bo. 7 days a week. That guy was simply amazing to me. One of my favorite athletes all time. Barry Sanders is one of my top 3 favorite backs as well. No disrespect to Walker one bit.

Agree on Hershal but I still go with Bo. 7 days a week. That guy was simply amazing to me. One of my favorite athletes all time. Barry Sanders is one of my top 3 favorite backs as well. No disrespect to Walker one bit.
On this we agree. Bo was the baddest man to ever strap on pads and tote the ball. Still love watching the play where he trucks the Boz.

Like him or not, Tebow was a gamer. Dude just won. Similar to Frazier, he made plays. Tommie Frazier would rip your heart out if you were on another team, Tebow had very similar traits on the field.

I'll never forget the 2008 CU game. Ganz gets sacked near the end, it is 4th and 25, on the 40, and we're down 30-31. Our skinny walk-on physics (?) major Alex goes in and kicks a 57 yarder to send the sCUm slinking off TO field.

From CBS Sports:

Frazier, Rimington, Suh & Rodgers
Shields, Glover & Henery on second team
Raiola & Aaron Taylor honorable mention

Those first team four selected really depict Nebraska’s longevity at the top, at least until it was no more.

The 70’s: Rodgers, the 80’s: Remington, the 90’s: Frazier, 00’s: Suh.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back