• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All the trends we stopped.

So Tommi Hill was replaced by Hartzog. That seemed to pay dividends.
That seemed to be a significant upgrade. When I saw the updated depth chart, the two things I looked for were replacements for Hill (too many penalties and poor coverage) and Benhard who was always the first guy to help the QB up after his many made a sack or hurry. His play on the fumble in the end zone where he let two guys go by him was next level even for him. Maybe those changes will stick.

That seemed to be a significant upgrade. When I saw the updated depth chart, the two things I looked for were replacements for Hill (too many penalties and poor coverage) and Benhard who was always the first guy to help the QB up after his many made a sack or hurry. His play on the fumble in the end zone where he let two guys go by him was next level even for him. Maybe those changes will stick.
Not sure what it is with Benhard. Usually for lineman, footwork is the culprit. If the opposing Dline runs a stunt on his side of the line our QB is scrambling for his life. Right now he's a liability IMO. Also not sure if we have any options although Anthony did a good job when inserted in the lineup

Another huge plus: The team didn't fold after Thomspson's interception at the goal line in the third. That would have sucked the life out of a Frost team.
Chubba's fumble TD would have sunk them as well. Its easy to say after the win is in the bag, but its a bit sweeter that they didn't play a perfect game to show they don't need to play a perfect game to get the W. They had some issues, overcame them, and still came out on top. Probably better for their confidence than if they had just been clicking on all cylinders and played above their heads all night.

Chubba's fumble TD would have sunk them as well. Its easy to say after the win is in the bag, but its a bit sweeter that they didn't play a perfect game to show they don't need to play a perfect game to get the W. They had some issues, overcame them, and still came out on top. Probably better for their confidence than if they had just been clicking on all cylinders and played above their heads all night.
I agree - it has to help the kids to know that they can overcome adversity and still win…

Today we stopped the skid on a lot of trends
1. Beat an FBS team
2. Beat a P5 team
3. Beat a B1G team
4. Held an opponent to under 100 yds rushing
5. Held an opponent to under 300 total yards
6. Won a game close in the 4th.

Is there work to do...yes. I have confidence the new staff will improve the team week to week.

Also I need to say this. Whenever the crew that worked last night are the zebras. I know it is a bad night. There is an old saying that holdung could be called on every play in football. That crew heard that and thought it was a goal.
We didn’t go a year without a FBS or B1G win. We missed it by thaaat much! (1day).

Let's just hope that this is not a fluke seen with new coach(s). This trend and improvement needs to continue on to the end of the season. If it does we have a real chance at a winning season and a bowl game!:thumbsup::HuskersN:

Definitely got the monkey off our back in a number of ways. Hopefully this allows the guys to go out there and play a little looser. Was great to have a close game where we pulled away. The only thing left is coming out on the winning side of a one score game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back