• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All the trends we stopped.

Hartzog made some plays and will continue to get better. Hopefully Hill takes being replaced as a challenge to improve. I did see Hill was involved in special teams so he is still involved. Accountability and competition is good and will pay dividends
The room is thin, we needed depth, Malcom stepped up

Today we stopped the skid on a lot of trends
1. Beat an FBS team
2. Beat a P5 team
3. Beat a B1G team
4. Held an opponent to under 100 yds rushing
5. Held an opponent to under 300 total yards
6. Won a game close in the 4th.

Is there work to do...yes. I have confidence the new staff will improve the team week to week.

Also I need to say this. Whenever the crew that worked last night are the zebras. I know it is a bad night. There is an old saying that holdung could be called on every play in football. That crew heard that and thought it was a goal.
Good coaching makes a big difference and Joseph and Bush can coach. Hopefully they’ll make Trev’s job very difficult as the season moves on.

Today we stopped the skid on a lot of trends
1. Beat an FBS team
2. Beat a P5 team
3. Beat a B1G team
4. Held an opponent to under 100 yds rushing
5. Held an opponent to under 300 total yards
6. Won a game close in the 4th.

Is there work to do...yes. I have confidence the new staff will improve the team week to week.

Also I need to say this. Whenever the crew that worked last night are the zebras. I know it is a bad night. There is an old saying that holdung could be called on every play in football. That crew heard that and thought it was a goal.
Special teams blocked punt for touchdown!

Great post by you and other's comments. It is nice to talk about something positive which has been impossible of late.

While huskers were sloppy with penalties and some balling handling, there was energy. Tackling improved but OL is still really rough

Other trends I feel like we broke is
  • Not getting out coached with adjustments in second half
  • Actually outscoring our opponent in second half
  • not giving up points to opponent in fourth quarter, hell not allowing an opponent to score in 2nd half
Lots of positives for a team who has not played well in years

Kinda reminds me of Oglvies recap of the Bad News Bears game stats: “We had 17 foul balls and two of our runners almost reached 1st base”. What the hell, I’ll take it. A win is a win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back