• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All that matters is the final score!

NY Husker

Red Shirt
A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR

Last edited:
I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.
Sounds like you want to run people down for trying to make a point. "The most points wins" is certainly true, but also "the sun rises in the East" and "the field is green". Prove me wrong.

Sounds like you want to run people down for trying to make a point. "The most points wins" is certainly true, but also "the sun rises in the East" and "the field is green". Prove me wrong.
The sun rising in the east and the field being green, also has no direct affect on who wins the game. Not trying to run people down. Just stating my opinion, which also happens to be fact.

Last edited:

The sun rising in the east and the field being green, also has no direct affect on who wins the game. Not trying to run people down. Just stating my opinion, which also happens to be fact.
I think that the schedule determines who plays where on which day.

Many here enjoy looking at the stats (like myself) and try to analyze what might unfold in the game. Which team on paper has the advantage so to speak. Not attempting to impress anyone with great fantastic football acumen I don't have. I enjoy looking back and see if I was on target or not with how I thought the game might go. For me it's part of the fun being part of participating on the Big Max message board. It's fun to discuss various fine points with other folks and one reason I frequent this board. To each their own but of course at the end of the day it's the W or L that counts most. I also believe it's very important HOW the Huskers play a tough team like Michigan. IMO we've been getting a lot more respect lately not because of our won/loss record but rather how close we played some good teams. Now go out and beat Michigan and build on something solid... GBR

Last edited:

A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR
Why do you hate stats

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back