• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All that matters is the final score!

Trying that "ignore" feature out, huh? :thumbsup:
No I still don’t have anyone on ignore. I just won’t respond anymore to certain posters. Even if the respond to something I say. It’s much more enjoyable when I don’t give people the attention they crave.

It seems that much of the optimism in what is a disappointing 3-3 record so far has been focused on stats that we think show we are better than 3-3. Without stats beyond the record most of us are bummed right now.

NY Husker I just checked the preseason record prediction thread. Didn’t you have us at 5-1 going into what you predicted as a Michigan loss? You must feel really hopeless right now, or is there some other measure you are using to fuel optimism ?

It seems that much of the optimism in what is a disappointing 3-3 record so far has been focused on stats that we think show we are better than 3-3. Without stats beyond the record most of us are bummed right now.

NY Husker I just checked the preseason record prediction thread. Didn’t you have us at 5-1 going into what you predicted as a Michigan loss? You must feel really hopeless right now, or is there some other measure you are using to fuel optimism ?
Not sure what a preseason record prediction has to do with a stats vs points discussion?

A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR
“Numbers lie and liars use numbers” … I heard that adage quite a bit (as my profession is that of accountant).

No one disagrees with your thesis.

But now tell me WHY Nebraska will score more points than Michigan? HOW can Nebraska, a decided underdog, achieve victory?

We all love your prediction … now back it up with some data and facts.

“Numbers lie and liars use numbers” … I heard that adage quite a bit (as my profession is that of accountant).

No one disagrees with your thesis.

But now tell me WHY Nebraska will score more points than Michigan? HOW can Nebraska, a decided underdog, achieve victory?

We all love your prediction … now back it up with some data and facts.
and more stats...hahaha

Are you Jack Handey?
1633702743565.png

V
A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR
You are wrong. If a game is forefeited the team that scores the most points may not be the declared winner. It happens due to ineligible players and the like.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back