• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All that matters is the final score!

A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR
vUIQPcOSJnZG8.gif

A lot of threads and posts going around about what it will take to beat Michigan, and the plain truth is, the only thing that matters is the final score.

I realize some of you want to be overly analytical and impress with your knowledge of random stats and facts, but at the end of the day, all that matters is who scores the most points. Now, I realize that sounds like a fairly blue-collar, simple-minded approach, but when it comes down to it, that is truly all that matters.

There are so many ways to be the team that scores the most points, that all the other stats and facts associated with this game are completely irrelevant. I realize that some of you make a living off of examining stats and making predictions based on those stats, but this isn't a topic that can accurately be based on anything, except who scores the most points. Scoring the most points is the only factor to winning, that has proven itself true, in every single football game in the history of the sport.

Total yards, number of fumbles, number of interceptions, total yards per play, etc...., all have indirect connections to a given game, yet all that matters is who scores the most points. Nebraska could score only 7 points and still win the game. Nebraska could score any number of points and still win the game. The same goes for Michigan.

Scoreboard is all that matters, and no matter how we try to slice this game apart, it is only who scores the most points that will determine a winner.

So call me simple-minded, but I am right, and there is no argument to the contrary. I believe Nebraska will score the most points, and therefore win the game against Michigan.

GBR
I don't believe you - Reaction GIFs

C

Another, look at me thread,
Yeah, I think that's the idea behind every thread, isn't it....for posters to read it? Weird flex for a guy who has responded a few times already to said thread. Thanks for the clicks ;)

Last edited:

I’m sure there will be people disgruntled no matter what. That’s just the nature of some people. Some people never are happy in any aspect of life or sports. I’m just going to enjoy the football season with my family and friends because it’s more enjoyable to be happy. Win or lose I will have a good time. I just have to stay away from negative people.
Trying that "ignore" feature out, huh? :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back